xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps360 Controller, Sixaxis + 360 Rumble Possible?  (Read 145 times)

RDC

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller, Sixaxis + 360 Rumble Possible?
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »

Nope. The Six-Axis controller doesn't have the circuitry to support driving the motors and that's even if the rest of the controller did, which it probably doesn't.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 02:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(lovemetal626 @ Jan 23 2009, 01:45 AM) View Post

are there any hints or tips before i start this project?

If ya plan to finish it in one day don't plan on doing anything else in that day.

Really depends on how you're planning on doing it also, there are 2 main ways to go about it, the Benjamin Heckendorn way and then how I make it, and on top of that there are 3 versions of the DS3 controller board, so there are technically 6 ways it can be built since each board is different. Ben H. uses Tact switches to replicate the buttons, I use the board from the 360 controller so it feels just like a 360 controller when it's done, this adds another set of possibilities for it to be made as there are 3 versions of the 360 controller board that could be used, 4 in all but I don't consider the CG one an option, so there are really 9 ways to make the thing how I go about it (which is why I've no plans to make a tutorial on it) so there are 12 ways in all it can be made up in all, and that doesn't include anything that ya may come up with on yer own. wink.gif

His way ya don't have to cut the DS3 (DualShock 3) board, mine ya do. You'll also run into all kinds of issues with the Sticks and Triggers that depending on what the issue is will have to be resolved one way or another. It's really not the kind of thing ya want to tackle unless you're really confident in your soldering ability as well as at least knowing how both controllers work as far as their general layout goes, especially in the case of how I build the thing as the 360 board has to be 'rewired' to conform to the PS3 setup, that means cutting traces as well as having to strip the 360 board of almost ever single component and not cutting the DS3 one in the wrong place.

No matter how ya go about it though you've bitten off more than a few mouthfuls, so take yer time with it and good luck.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »

Depends on who does it, and this isn't a sales forum so I'm not going to get into any details here, but so far as I know there are only 2 people that are making them right now, myself and Ben Heckendorn and we go about making them in completely different ways. I also don't know exactly what he charges to make one up, so you'd have to get in touch with him for details on that, and ya can PM me if you're interested in prices or having one made up the way I do them.