xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: PS360 Controller  (Read 2138 times)

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

My diagrams are in the PS3 and/or 360 Case / Hardware Modding sections, not too difficult to find if ya look for them.

Furthermore, it's not like I'm compensated for every diagram and tutorial I've ever done, and right now I wish this was the case as I've had to devote a lot more time to other things instead of this. In fact I don't get one cent for all the time and effort I've put forth into all of the controller board diagrams I've made up, traced out and info/help I've posted on here that anyone can use at any time, so catching attitude isn't really the best way of going about getting the info you want, but it will guarantee I don't volunteer any of it.

It's way more than just soldering from one board to the other, plus you have the 360 CG board shown there, a right poor choice as getting it in the PS3 controllers 3 COM line layout from the CG one will be a serious mess, but if you believe it's that easy then I look forward to your tutorial on the PS360 when you're all done, or possibly a WIP thread so everyone can see the steps you've taken along the way, and as the info I've provided thus far is inadequate for you, and tracing out the controllers you intend to use yourself and not using any diagrams Ive done up would seem to be the fair way of going about it also, never know, ya may find an easier way of doing it if ya had to do some of the leg work yourself instead of having it right there in 'connect the dots' form, I figured it out, so I know it's not impossible to do, it's just a lot of work that a lot of people don't want to put into it, I did, and I'm honestly not in the mood to spend a month putting it all in an easy to swallow, one size fits all, babysitting mission tutorial.

pOps_uK

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »

Hi
sorry for the attitude just a little pissed off that i cannot seem to find anything after spenting close to 3 hours reading google search results, and as for the ps3 & 360 contrllor its not as if we can choose which one before we buy them, as for tutorial goes am seeking help and guidance so i dont reck and more controllors which is not looking good as i already feel i may need to buy 1 of each again now anyway, will look again for your diagrams...thx

pOps_uK

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »

Hi
for curiosity is it just a case of solder the tp spots on the ps3 pcb to the matching spots on the 360 pcb? or is there more to it then that? and does the 360 board need to be fully working or a faulty pad be ok? and does it take a power supply from the ps3 board? thx

sorry about the double post cant find edit button

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(pOps_uK @ Oct 27 2009, 08:17 AM) View Post
Hi
sorry for the attitude just a little pissed off that i cannot seem to find anything after spenting close to 3 hours reading google search results, and as for the ps3 & 360 contrllor its not as if we can choose which one before we buy them, as for tutorial goes am seeking help and guidance so i dont reck and more controllors which is not looking good as i already feel i may need to buy 1 of each again now

Which is exactly why I've no plans to make any type of tutorial, because not many are going to have the same versions and there are enough differences between using just an older Six-Axis versus a new DS3 that it would take 2 complete tutorials to show how to do it, and that's provided ya use the same type of 360 controller board for them both, use a different one for one of them and that number doubles. Ya can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, with the PS360 controller being no exception, so you may as well plan on tanking 2 of each right now unless you know exactly what you're doing.

QUOTE(pOps_uK @ Oct 27 2009, 03:15 PM) View Post
Hi
for curiosity is it just a case of solder the tp spots on the ps3 pcb to the matching spots on the 360 pcb? or is there more to it then that? and does the 360 board need to be fully working or a faulty pad be ok? and does it take a power supply from the ps3 board? thx

sorry about the double post cant find edit button

You only have 15 minutes to edit your post.

The PS3 and 360 controllers use completely different layouts for the buttons, so it's impossible to wire up one right to the other and if ya do it's not going to work right.

As far as the 360 controller being faulty, that depends on your definition of that, if the board is all knackered up and has traces cut it's next to useless, but if it's just dead and has never been messed with it's a good candidate, just depends.

The controller doesn't have a power supply, so no idea what ya mean there. They only have the battery, and the PS3 battery gets used.

Legacy678

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »

Hey RDC,

Not sure if you got my PM, but wanted to see if I can purchase another PS360 controller.  Someone recently broke into my house and stole pretty much every electronic device in my home, including my ps360 controller.  That was the one thing that got me playing my ps3.  Please respond and let me know if you can help me out.  Thanks so much RDC.

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2010, 02:59:00 AM »

I would of done the opposite of this haha.. I like the PS controller a lot

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2010, 07:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Legacy678 @ Jan 10 2010, 02:22 PM) View Post
Hey RDC,

Not sure if you got my PM, but wanted to see if I can purchase another PS360 controller.  Someone recently broke into my house and stole pretty much every electronic device in my home, including my ps360 controller.  That was the one thing that got me playing my ps3.  Please respond and let me know if you can help me out.  Thanks so much RDC.

Replied.

QUOTE(Pulsemasta @ Jan 13 2010, 04:59 AM) View Post
I would of done the opposite of this haha.. I like the PS controller a lot

I already did, over a year and a half ago - http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=652308

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(RDC @ Jan 13 2010, 03:22 PM) View Post

Replied.

I already did, over a year and a half ago - http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=652308

That's awesome! I don't have a 360 but if I get one I may have some questions about this  biggrin.gif

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »

Wanted to show one of these that actually has a PS3 D-pad installed also.

(IMG:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/Custom%20Controllers/keithj202004.jpg)

Porta360

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

Yo that's str8 FIRE right their, you heard... shot me a PM about the $$.

sake

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

these are looking great, can't wait to make me one

Dalpura

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »

That's awesome! I want one, PS3 controller gives me aches in my left carpal.

latinlegacy

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »

ill give u 100$ for 1

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »

Anyone that's seriously interested (and by that I mean you understand that it costs $100 alone in just parts before I turn the soldering iron on) in having one built for them please PM me about it, this isn't a sales thread.

zazzz

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »

I know this thread is kinda old but i have a question if anyone can answer.  i just started this project but i was wondering how you wire up the RT/LT pots.  since there are 3 legs and the ps3 only has the button pad things with 2 legs.  ???

This post has been edited by zazzz: Jun 4 2010, 11:07 PM
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7