xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Controller Taken Apart, Cant Find Where Piece Goes  (Read 261 times)

falcon four

• Archived User
Ps3 Controller Taken Apart, Cant Find Where Piece Goes
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

Hey, somebody spilled gatorade on my brothers PS3 controller, It's a wireless one without the rumble.  I took it apart tonight and cleaned everything, it will charge but I didnt try to use it yet.  I could not for the life of me find where this part goes, and I cannot find anywhere online that has the parts of the controller.  Here is what it looks like:

It is a small black "T" shaped part which has small prongs on the tip of each of the three T's.  In the intersection of the "T" is a round piece with an indent on one side and a cone on the otherl.  I can't find where it goes.

All of the buttons seem to press just like on his other controller so I'm thinking it doesn't go with any of the buttons.  If any of you guys know where this part goes please let me know.

Thanks!

falcon four

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Turr1187/ps3_025.jpg)

Just found a picture of it, It is the part in the lower left corner.

I appreciate any help you guys have.

falcon four

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »

Nevermind, I got it in place with the help from a post on here.  There is one small piece left but I'm pretty sure it didnt come from the controller.  I found it on the floor after I cleaned everything up...oops!  it's a small circular ring and has two notches in it kind of like the notches on the x square triangle and circle buttons.  Anyone know if this belongs in there?   Those two small tabs between the trigger buttons sure are a pain in the arse!

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »

The small circualr part with 2 tabs goes on after the center (power) button goes in place.

The tabs between the L1/L2 and R1/R2 aren't too bad if you put it all together with the L1 and R1 buttons removed, so ya have a little more space to mess with them, then L1 and R1 just snap back in after the controller is all together. wink.gif

the_pitbull

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »

hey man where does that piece go???  i have the same situation my damn dog knocked over a cup of juice on my controler and i have it together except that "T"  piece  i think it fell off the button pad but i didnt see a good spot for it and honestly i didnt see a good spot for it anywhere in the controller...  if ya could help me it would be appreciated...   thanks

alpha_prime

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(the_pitbull @ Apr 12 2007, 02:27 AM) View Post

hey man where does that piece go???  i have the same situation my damn dog knocked over a cup of juice on my controler and i have it together except that "T"  piece  i think it fell off the button pad but i didnt see a good spot for it and honestly i didnt see a good spot for it anywhere in the controller...  if ya could help me it would be appreciated...   thanks

It goes on the d-pad, I have an original ps one controller (oldskool  tongue.gif ) and it also has the t-piece.

the_pitbull

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

hey man thanks a lot i got it in place and the controller works...

alpha_prime

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(the_pitbull @ Apr 12 2007, 10:09 PM) View Post

hey man thanks a lot i got it in place and the controller works...

No prob, I also had troubles mounting that thing on my controller  jester.gif

shaolindave

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 06:39:00 PM »

i don't mean to come off as a jerk, but i hate it when someone ask a question in the forum, then post a "nevermind i got the answer somewhere else" or "nevermind i figured it out" without posting what their findings were. i always post the answer even if no one in the forums helped me, so the next person who finds the thread will have the answer, not just a "i figured it out."

so, i have the same problem. the part fell out of the controller as i was taking it apart. it was under the D-pad, so i knew that was were it came from in the first place. i didn't get a chance to find out how it fits under the d pad though. i'm pretty sure it's inbetween the white rubber part and the d-pad, but which way do the prongs face? the front (d-pad) or back (rubber)?
also, what orientation is the T shape suppose to be in? does it actually fit in like a T, or and upside down T? or does it point to left or right?

shaolindave

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 07:51:00 PM »

i took apart my old, non-dualshock controller, to take a look at this piece and find out where it goes. as i suggested to others, i'm posting the answer here so others who need this info can find it.

SOLUTION:

1. place the front shell for the controller face down. the back of the bottons should be on your left, the d-pad on your right.

2. place the 4-way d-pad into its slot.

3. place the t-shaped object so that the prongs are facing the front of the controller. the T shaped object will actually go in diagonally, like and upside-down y. the center prong will go in the lower right (lower left from this view, closest to the hole for the left analog. three corners of the d-pad will have a prong, the only one without will be the upper left (the corner furthest from the left analog)

4. place the white rubber piece on top of the d-pad, with the black plastic bits facing up (away from the d-pad)
[/b]

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 05:07:00 AM »

That 'T-shaped' piece can go in facing any of the 4 directions, just as long as it's in there. wink.gif