xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony: 'We have not added rumble' to PS3 controller  (Read 139 times)

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
Sony: 'We have not added rumble' to PS3 controller
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »

lucky for sony, there are actually people who will believe this nonsense. not many on this site, but they are out there somewhere...

dezza9995

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »

I'm not concerned about a rumbling joypad. Its not as if it adds any sort of realism or excitement to gaming. Just wish the would make it more comfortable, my fingers ache from using the shoulder buttons coz i havnt got Japanese hands.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(dezza9995 @ Aug 4 2007, 04:29 AM) View Post

I'm not concerned about a rumbling joypad. Its not as if it adds any sort of realism or excitement to gaming. Just wish the would make it more comfortable, my fingers ache from using the shoulder buttons coz i havnt got Japanese hands.

i like rumble and so do most people and not including it was rediculous, if you don't like it then you can turn it off.

I agree with the comfort issue though, the thing is a horrible shape and is just not ergenomically designed for extended periods of play, the screw recesses dig into my hands.

They should also really sort out the nalogue sticks, i can deal with the position of them, but they feel cheap and nasty.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »

from gamepro article: In February, Sony's Phil Harrison marginalized rumble when saying, "I think [rumble] was a last generation feature; it's not a next-generation feature."

this quote cracked me up because the dual shock, i mean the *no shock sixaxis controller*, for sony's playstation3 is the only controller that did not actually change for next gen. sure, ps3 adds a new feature that i do not need for my favorite kind of games and they also added the little ps3 button(like each of the other consoles did), but it is clearly still the same *hard for american hands to use controller* that is now missing a feature that we have grown accustomed to. obviously, the 360 controller is different from xbox1 and it is hands down the best console controller for fps games.