xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dragon Electronics: Controller Battery Pack and Dust Prevent Silicon C  (Read 131 times)

dvsone

• Archived User

It was only a matter to time before dust preventing products would hit the PS3 market.

"Protect your console from dust while you wait for that AAA title."

nic8612

• Archived User
Dragon Electronics: Controller Battery Pack and Dust Prevent Silicon C
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hellfromabove @ Feb 9 2007, 04:41 AM) View Post

Both items are EXTEMELY pointless. The battery for the PS3 controller is already top tier in play time, why would I need another battery? I have only needed to charge my PS3 controller once since the first charge which was in like December. Only reason I think it lasts so long is because it doesn't have to give those jolts of power to any rumble magnets. Also, silicon covers? What will they think of next, a vertical stand for it (actually it is in the works by another company). They should make a silicon case like they do for the controllers for the PS3. This thing gets scratched so easily. Thanx.

-See Ya!!!

Yes, the dust cover things are pointless, but you are wrong about the battery.  I would gladly pay $7.95 for a new battery than $50 for a new controller once the battery dies.  You can't just go out and buy a new battery pack like with the 360, so this is the next best thing.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Dragon Electronics: Controller Battery Pack and Dust Prevent Silicon C
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 01:49:00 AM »

I didn't think dust was a problem for the PS3 while it was still boxed and on a shelf...

Hellfromabove - if you've not charged your controller in two months, maybe it's lasted that long because you've hardly used it?