xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unexplained PlayStation Network and Sixaxis phenomena, mostly explaine  (Read 131 times)

Ninja Sniper X

• Archived User

ahhh good 'ol Sony...

Serious Sam

• Archived User
Unexplained PlayStation Network and Sixaxis phenomena, mostly explaine
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »

This is lame on Sony's part. They need to fix that problem ASAP. The controller is a real shitty design starting off with the fact that you cannot replace the battery to the fact that you have to resync it with USB plugged in. Now a bluetooth deadzone issue? Come on!  blink.gif

The Xbox 360 controller design is simple and well planned out. replaceable batteries, no wired sync, and 2.4ghz wireless works great. I have yet to experience a "deadzone" while playing.  smile.gif

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Serious Sam @ Dec 1 2006, 07:19 AM) View Post

This is lame on Sony's part. They need to fix that problem ASAP. The controller is a real shitty design starting off with the fact that you cannot replace the battery to the fact that you have to resync it with USB plugged in. Now a bluetooth deadzone issue? Come on!  blink.gif

The Xbox 360 controller design is simple and well planned out. replaceable batteries, no wired sync, and 2.4ghz wireless works great. I have yet to experience a "deadzone" while playing.  smile.gif

lol imagine having to connect your 360 wireless controller to the console EVERY time you switched it on. Hell, I don't even have to get up to switch the thing on!

Now I know why the USB cable is so short - people would just leave the damned thing connected if it was a reasonable length.

Ninja Sniper X

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Nov 30 2006, 11:51 PM) View Post

lol imagine having to connect your 360 wireless controller to the console EVERY time you switched it on. Hell, I don't even have to get up to switch the thing on!

Now I know why the USB cable is so short - people would just leave the damned thing connected if it was a reasonable length.

I just don't understand what the whole point of bluetooth controllers are. Sure it looks nice on paper since bluetooth is the new fancy wifi replacement for short range wireless items. But you'd think they would use a more stable, user friendly thing for the accessory that requires the most precision when used. If you get a dead zone and a dropout while trying to time a headshot it can be the difference between winning and loosing a game.

Sony really aught to stop using all these technologies that look great on paper but suck something big in real life... for another example their cell processor. In theory they say its more powerful than the 360's processor (I seem to remember a press release stating it was like a "super computer" let me see if I can find that), but from what i've heard developing games to make use of it and their video encoder is so damned complicated it's just not worth it.

*Edit* Link to the "super computer" claim http://www.openflows...5/06/14/0132244