xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: USB cable not included with retail SIXAXIS  (Read 286 times)

sirjonesalot

• Archived User
USB cable not included with retail SIXAXIS
« on: November 16, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

that sucks......wait i couldn't even get a ps3 mad.gif

tracemhunter

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

i picked up an extra sixaxis yesterday and noticed that it did not have a usb cable. oh well, i have a few laying around.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

This would be even worse it USB cables weren't so common. I guess Sony assumed that people would already have them. Great way to keep down the cost!! tongue.gif

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 08:02:00 AM »

That's one gay ass response. Companies should be shot for not including cables that are vital for the product to effectively function.

play and recharge kit isn't vital for 360.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 17 2006, 12:35 PM) View Post

Yeah, my brother just took the one he uses for his camera to charge the second controller.  What do retail 360 controllers come with, the play and recharge kit?

To answer yourMOM, yes they have a charge out of the package.  To give you an idea we charged the sixaxis for maybe 30 minutes and 6 hours later, always on, it is still showing full strength.

360 controllers use regular batteries so it doesn't matter

This is kinda retarded...like the psp, where that doesn't come with a usb cable either.

crasher0255

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 17 2006, 04:46 PM) View Post

hmm I thought the 360 used those rechargable packs that clip in to the back.

Those packs that clip on the back just hold 2 AA batteries (Regular batteries of rechargeable if you wish)

As for no cable being included with a PS3 to charge your controller (A obviously essential part of your $600 purchase....controllers usually help last i knew) I think thats crazy...I mean come on we already know your loosing 200+ on the expensive bundles and and more than that on your cheaper bundle but a mini USB cable? you cant include that when people pay THAT MUCH for a console

EDIT: Whoops misread that....either way w/ a $40 or $50 dollar controller a USB cable should be included...im sure Sony's gonna do plenty of things like that though in the coming months to recoup their losses.....sometime next year or 2008 i would like to get my hands on a PS3 though....theres just no way in hell id spend $600+ on one

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

So what! Sony didnt include a $2 USB cable with a controller. Big deal. Im mean, yeh i was a bit of a surprise when i opened up my second sixaxis to find there wasnt a cable, so i went and found my cameras USB cable.

Its just a USB cable. No point whinging about it....The controllers only take about an hour to charge...

nwo504

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

its not a big deal. you can get a usb cable for less than a two pack of aa battries. Also the ps3 comes with a usb cable which you can use to charge it. I wish 360 came with a play n charge kit.

mik3yl3

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 01:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ Nov 17 2006, 02:05 PM) View Post

So what! Sony didnt include a $2 USB cable with a controller. Big deal. Im mean, yeh i was a bit of a surprise when i opened up my second sixaxis to find there wasnt a cable, so i went and found my cameras USB cable.

Its just a USB cable. No point whinging about it....The controllers only take about an hour to charge...

w0rd up man, 90% of digital cameras use the same 5 pin usb cable. no need to have even more, shit might have costed 59.99...same price as a freaking game if it included a usb cable. lol plus what's the big deal of using the original one in the ps3 box already? you only need to charge it for a little bit and get 10+ hours of play time. lol not even a huge deal. i have a 10' usb cord from a digi camera and it supplies enough power to charge it. LEET!