xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cygnos V2 Atmel 90usb646  (Read 93 times)

schubi

• Archived User
Cygnos V2 Atmel 90usb646
« on: February 03, 2020, 06:21:00 AM »

im really wondering, why no-one in the world (after searching 15hourrs) thought about using the cygnos2 chip of a x360 to jailbreak a ps3 (with psgroove)

it has a nice Atmel 90usb646 which is supported by psgroove!
and there is a nice long usbcable coming out of the x360 looking desperatly to the ps3 usbports

my x360 has a cygnos v2 built in, JUST for fast nand flashing
the jtag hack is still wired as usually without a cygnos
->so i think i dont really need the cygnos-firmware on the cygnos for normal operation of my x360. (gaming)
->but will i be able to change the firmware back again ? (if cygnos toolbox doesnt want to work, im pretty sure the    atmel program for the chip itself will work ) but i dont know...
theres a emergency firmware flash function in the cygnos too but i never needed it and have no idea if that still works with psgroove on the cygnos.
maybe someone has more experience with this function

pretty obviously i will loose the write and read nand function as long as i have psgroove on the firmwareflash, but u dont need that often

one thing im not sure about is technical standards
i dunno if this atmel chip talks 100% the same way(same wiring) to the usbport like a teensy1 board talks (=same chip)
or could everthing be wired in a total other way and my xbox is fucked after starting once. ?
(i wont find cygnos schematics i could compare with teensy schematics)

if its surly wired the same (at least the important parts for us) it should work without bricking my x360
(since the psgroove-software just uses the usbport for I/O, i cant think of any bad unwanted consequences for my x360 eg. destroying cygnos,nand,whole x360,)

it would be a easy way for the ps3 + 360 owners, just rewire the jtag hack from cygnos to x360
plus it sure would be the coolest way of enabling homebrew on the ps3, with a homebrew-x360

id be happy to hear of some expert if all my thinking is correct

everyone have a wonderful day

flash360

• Archived User
Cygnos V2 Atmel 90usb646
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »

I was wondering the same thing. I took my cygnos out of my 360 and now its just sat on a shelf.
I would like a chip that can do the whole process. the power and eject and then enable the other usb port.
Maybe even cuting the main power so I dont have to pull the plug every time biggrin.gif obviously it would have to be internalised but hey thats what moddings about. love.gif I just remembered cygnos have their own forum too, maybe we should be askin there huh.gif

I just asked on the cygnos forum v2 general dicussion. Fingers crossed.