xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: PS3 Discs can be dumped via simple dd command in PS3 Linux  (Read 763 times)

bigjimmy

• Archived User
PS3 Discs can be dumped via simple dd command in PS3 Linux
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

We need someone with a blu-ray burner to see if its possible to dump blu-ray dvds. Is there a way we can modify the loader from a demo game to load the full game. It would be even better if there was a way to burn off the smaller games to a dual layer dvd smile.gif.

Hmm yeah well all the americans got Talledgeia Nights with theyre PS3, so someone should give that a go. The security will be different between a BD movie and BD game though.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(spanky34 @ Nov 26 2006, 12:17 PM) *

We need someone with a blu-ray burner to see if its possible to dump blu-ray dvds.  Is there a way we can modify the loader from a demo game to load the full game.  It would be even better if there was a way to burn off the smaller games to a dual layer dvd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

Oh yeah you can easily copy BD movies....just have to get around this; "BD+ which allows for dynamically changing keys for the cryptographic protections involved. Should the keys currently in use be "cracked" or leaked, manufacturers can update them and build them into all subsequent discs, preventing a single key discovery from permanently breaking the entire scheme. "

AACS utilizes cryptography to control the use of digital media. AACS-protected content is encrypted under one or more title keys using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Title keys are derived from a combination of a media key and several elements, including the volume ID of the media (e.g., a physical serial number embedded on a DVD), and a cryptographic hash of the title usage rules.

The principal difference between AACS and earlier content management systems such as CSS is in the means by which title-specific decryption keys are distributed. Under CSS, all players of a given model are provisioned with the same, shared decryption key. Content is encrypted under the title-specific key, which is itself encrypted under each model's key. In CSS, each volume contains a collection of several hundred encrypted keys, one for each licensed player model. In principle, this approach allows licensors to "revoke" a given player model (prevent it from playing back future content) by omitting the encryption key corresponding to that model. In practice, however, revoking all players of a particular model is costly, as it causes many users to lose playback capability. Furthermore, the inclusion of a shared key across many players makes key compromise significantly more likely, as was demonstrated by a number of compromises in the mid-1990s.

The approach of AACS provisions each individual player with a unique set of decryption keys which are used in a broadcast encryption scheme. This approach allows licensors to "revoke" individual players, or more specifically, the decryption keys associated with the player. Thus, if a given player's keys are compromised by an attacker, the AACS licensing authority can simply revoke those keys in future content, making the keys/player useless for decrypting new titles.
Impossible, no of course not.  But I don't think it will be as easy as dumping the disc and burning a copy. lol you guys really want to pirate BD movies?  Right now it will cost you around $18 a BD.

This post has been edited by silentbob343: Nov 26 2006, 08:18 PM

latinopride854

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

I hope they crack it within the next 5-6 months....that'd be intersting saw a page a PS3 gamebackup was 17GB large...wow

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(latinopride854 @ Nov 26 2006, 03:52 PM) *

I hope they crack it within the next 5-6 months....that'd be intersting saw a page a PS3 gamebackup was 17GB large...wow

They can crack it, but part of the security of AACS is that there are several keys and when a key is cracked new keys are reissued.  It's not like CCS where there was one key.

What's funny is why do you want games and movies to be copied?  I understand many want to do it from a technical standpoint, to be able to say they did it, but I'm getting the sense that many here just want free movies and games.

latinopride854

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 26 2006, 09:02 PM) View Post

They can crack it, but part of the security of AACS is that there are several keys and when a key is cracked new keys are reissued.  It's not like CCS where there was one key.

What's funny is why do you want games and movies to be copied?  I understand many want to do it from a technical standpoint, to be able to say they did it, but I'm getting the sense that many here just want free movies and games.

My guess is 'cause they wanna achieve it (i would say like an accomplishment) and finally do it just like xbox360 was hacked with the fireware and the drives and of course,to back em up in case the original gets stolen or whatnot gets scratches real bad... but who knows I know 1 thing by next year I'll be owning a PS3 cool.gif rich people paying $2k for A PS3...locos.. jester.gif

chigga102

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(latinopride854 @ Nov 26 2006, 11:52 AM) *

i think your talking bout Resistance fall of man and i read somewhere that its 22gb and 17 gb is padding to make it load faster so basically its about 4.7 gb able to fit on dvd dl or maybe even normal dvd

xzenor

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »

Well all they have to do now is get Alcohol 120% running in the background of the OS and voala.......virtual drive!!!

Bizquick

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

wow thats crazy. PS3 looks like it will be hacked alot sooner than most systems. What will be funny is if someone hacks the Blue ray movie content and starts putting them on HD dvd. and like the excluses blue ray titles start appearing for sale in HD Dvd at a sidewalk. that would slap sony so hard and funny.
I'm betting that hacking the PS3 is going to be a Bios level thing. One thing with this being a japaness product I bet finding a hack for it will be coming soon. You got lots of guys in china willing to hack these things and some of them just as smart as the ones who made it.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bizquick @ Nov 27 2006, 06:45 PM) View Post

wow thats crazy. PS3 looks like it will be hacked alot sooner than most systems. What will be funny is if someone hacks the Blue ray movie content and starts putting them on HD dvd. and like the excluses blue ray titles start appearing for sale in HD Dvd at a sidewalk. that would slap sony so hard and funny.
I'm betting that hacking the PS3 is going to be a Bios level thing. One thing with this being a japaness product I bet finding a hack for it will be coming soon. You got lots of guys in china willing to hack these things and some of them just as smart as the ones who made it.

blink.gif

elmo_sni

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(spanky34 @ Nov 26 2006, 11:17 AM) View Post

We need someone with a blu-ray burner to see if its possible to dump blu-ray dvds.  Is there a way we can modify the loader from a demo game to load the full game.  It would be even better if there was a way to burn off the smaller games to a dual layer dvd smile.gif.

do you know now expensive that is? better off just buying another game, but the dual-layer is a good alternative... maybe it's possible. idk much about sony's ways with protecting it's media.

ps3 rocks

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

man you are guy are stupid man europes dont get there to next march and sony is losing about 250$ every timr they make one that why they have not been out as much as there should of been dont be a dumbo go on websits and look it up maN DONT BE STUPID AND SAY WHY THEY DID MAKE MORE
BECAUSE THEY ARE LOSING MONEY AND WAIT THEY ARE RESTOKING AND LOOK THEY BUT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS JUST TO FIND OUT TO MAKE ONE  SO IF I WOULD NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY TO SPEND I WOULD NOT BE TALKING :evil:  :evil:

Zanzibarwarthog

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

"man you are guy are stupid man"

I strongly suggest you try harder at school, punctuation would also help.

Your grammar however amusingly reminds me of "All your base are belong to us"

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zanzibarwarthog @ Nov 28 2006, 11:22 PM) View Post

"man you are guy are stupid man"

I strongly suggest you try harder at school, punctuation would also help.

Your grammar however amusingly reminds me of "All your base are belong to us"

Well, I'm quite sure that English is not his first language.

On a related note how long before somebody brings up the maxconsole thread?

Math1

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »

NIce to see the rampant piracy this board has become famous for continues on the new system and not jsut on 360. Sad to see the scene turn into nothing but a source for losers to steal games.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »

NIce to see the rampant piracy this board has become famous for continues on the new system and not jsut on 360. Sad to see the scene turn into nothing but a source for losers to steal games.

[rant]Dude, wtf is wrong with you? This isnt about giving cheap-asses a way to get games for free. I mean, yes, some people will use the hacks to get free games but from what I know, that is not what this disscussion is about. This is about finding out how consoles work, and how to hack them to make them do things they were not designed to do. [/rant]

Lets keep this on topic. Lol I feel like a mod by saying that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4