xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: China Film Group and Xperinet goes Blu-ray exclusive  (Read 119 times)

scottmuller28

• Archived User
China Film Group and Xperinet goes Blu-ray exclusive
« on: September 02, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »

Why is every news story about the PS3 about the blueray format. Is the PS3 Just a blueray movie player and not a gaming machine? At least the 360 is focused on games not playing movies. I'm strarting to think that Sony has been blown out of the water by the Wii success and 360 game exclusives.......There are going to be cheap ass blueray and HD players coming out on the market which will once again make the pS3 look expensive as a movie player.

I feel sorry for those who own a Ps3 and have to wait until mid 2008 for new games & pay $50.00 for a blueray movie.....You guys are being really ripped-off.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(scottmuller28 @ Sep 2 2007, 03:06 PM) View Post

I feel sorry for those who own a Ps3 and have to wait until mid 2008 for new games & pay $50.00 for a blueray movie.....You guys are being really ripped-off.

I certainly don't pay $50 for any blu-ray movies.  While I don't appreciate the game selection at all, the PS3 does everything else really well.  We're not being 'ripped off'.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(scottmuller28 @ Sep 2 2007, 11:06 PM) View Post

Why is every news story about the PS3 about the blueray format. Is the PS3 Just a blueray movie player and not a gaming machine? At least the 360 is focused on games not playing movies. I'm strarting to think that Sony has been blown out of the water by the Wii success and 360 game exclusives.......There are going to be cheap ass blueray and HD players coming out on the market which will once again make the pS3 look expensive as a movie player.

The news stories in this part are about Blu-Ray because this particular section is the Multimedia and Blu-Ray section for the PS3. what did you expect in here?
Don't feel sorry for PS3 owners. I have one and have a large collection of Movies as well. £17.99 I payed for most of mine with some at £13.99.  There are at least 8 definite titles coming between now and Nov 30 that i am buying games wise. I don't feel ripped off at all.

d-range

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 03:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Sep 3 2007, 12:25 AM) View Post

The news stories in this part are about Blu-Ray because this particular section is the Multimedia and Blu-Ray section for the PS3. what did you expect in here?

I think he meant 'why is every story on the ps3-scene.com homepage about Blu-Ray?'. And I agree with him, but you probably already knew that much. It's just a shame there is so little other interesting PS3 news...

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(d-range @ Sep 3 2007, 11:17 AM) View Post

I think he meant 'why is every story on the ps3-scene.com homepage about Blu-Ray?'. And I agree with him, but you probably already knew that much. It's just a shame there is so little other interesting PS3 news...

He must have mean't in this section as this is where the reply was. He never mentioned the separate news page. Having said that
Blu-Ray news is related to the PS3. The PS3 is actually a full featured BR player. Often people think the only news regarding the PS3 should be related to games. The PS3 is not merely a games machine. At the moment it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before the games start rolling out that may be of more interest.
Sony has started very slow with the games. Time will tell if they pick up the pace.
If you wish to read more games related news, then obviously the main Xbox news page is the route to follow