xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Storing Videos In The Hard Drive? Possible?  (Read 105 times)

Great2bfree

• Archived User
Storing Videos In The Hard Drive? Possible?
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »

I'm trying to play videos from the HDD of the ps3. I have used the video converter to have the video in compatible format. I'm currently using PS3 Video 9 to do this. (www.redkawa.com/videoconverters)

I've already done some video which I've converted, but they are not found when I plug my thumb drive. The ps3 does not seem to find them, like their no compatible or something.

My second question is, Whenever I do get the ps3 to read the video from the thumb drive, will I be able to tranffer the video over to the HDD?

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Great2bfree @ Dec 28 2006, 10:30 AM) View Post

I'm trying to play videos from the HDD of the ps3. I have used the video converter to have the video in compatible format. I'm currently using PS3 Video 9 to do this. (www.redkawa.com/videoconverters)

I've already done some video which I've converted, but they are not found when I plug my thumb drive. The ps3 does not seem to find them, like their no compatible or something.

My second question is, Whenever I do get the ps3 to read the video from the thumb drive, will I be able to tranffer the video over to the HDD?

Not sure if this is part of your problem or not, but hit the triangle button when navigating to the thumb drive and choose "Display All" (or whatever it says, should be two options).

No idea if it allows you to copy videos to the HD or not, but this is what it took for me to view photos that weren't in a PHOTOS folder on my USB drive. BTW, it did allow me to copy them over...

Great2bfree

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »

Great. Thanks, got it now. It was exactly that triangle buttom. I manage to transffer it. Thank you.

Going to transffer my music video over, hopefully, the conversion won't diminish the quality.