xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is Bluray Disc Another One Of Sony's Copyright Medias?  (Read 776 times)

lostboyz

• Archived User
Is Bluray Disc Another One Of Sony's Copyright Medias?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

Its not even the fact you are right or wrong you are just saying everyone else is wrong because you are a level headed person and everyone else that disagrees with you is a fanboy. This is too much like politics with republicans/democrats, and I hate politics.

Either way one big example is you sticking to how the memory stick is a huge success, even today. I think success in the way of only sony products using a sony media type is not a success on the media, its a success on the product that uses it. If they used any other media type I can tell you at least half if not more would buy a different type, because it is lousy in regards to flash-type media.

Achtung

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kamasutra318 @ Jun 20 2006, 07:22 PM) View Post

I defend facts. I never said anything about it being a viable option, though that can easily be implied by the fact that it is. I have no obligation to prove it -- if I had to prove and provide sources for every fact I ever stated on forums it would be a waste of my time. Incidentally, the figures I've seen were on paper which I'm not allowed to take home. But if you want to disprove it then you have to provide a counterexample, as is the way of logical propositions.

Both of you went off on rants to express your own opinions about the format, which is fine, but why you both dragged me into it I'm unsure. If you wanted to dispute what I said then do so, but if not then please leave me out of it. I guess some people in this forum just want to find an outlet for their Sony-hating and anyone who seems to say anything good about something related to Sony is a perfect target. I guess I'm lucky I didn't say the PS2 is doing well (which it is) or I may have been gangraped.  dry.gif

That's great that you believe you can just make up facts and have no obligation to prove it. Unfortunately in the real world you do, and I have.

Just what fact are you defending?,  you stated that memory stick is doing quite well in response to someone saying it was another failed sony format. In which I responded and gave clear examples of why it is totally inferior, how it is not supported as a unified flash media seeing how no other company accepts it, and due to that fact only sell at all because you are forced to buy it due to being the only flash media you can use with Sony products.  I mean it doesn't get much simpler to understand, if no other company or product supports memory stick and the only media you can use with Sony products is memory stick, why do you think its selling? or still around at all?

But I guess that wasn't on the "piece or paper".

And How did I ever drag you into anything? all I have been doing is proving what you stated as fact as being totally false and explained why it was I could care less about you but what your saying is totally wrong.

I asked before and Ill ask again, give just one example the consumer would buy a Sony Memory stick other than to use with Sony products to prove why its a viable flash media and a success.

Because by what your saying the Gameboy game cartridge is a viable consumer storage media.

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

Achtung, I say this very rarely so you should feel special. You're a moron. You have completely missed any point I've made.

I don't have any obligation to prove that it sells well because frankly you're not important. If you want to dispute it then by all means do, but since you still haven't and likely never will this exchanging of words is rather futile. When you claim someone is wrong you have to back it up. You also have a knack for putting words in my mouth. If my boss or professor asked me to write a report on certain technologies, which I have done, then I do cite sources and if I was so inclined I could probably find sales records from somewhere to incorporate.

I don't mind you giving possibilities of why it sells or doesn't and to be honest I agree with many, but if you want to call me a liar then back it up or keep it to yourself.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kamasutra318 @ Jun 20 2006, 04:18 PM) View Post

Achtung, I say this very rarely so you should feel special. You're a moron. You have completely missed any point I've made.

I don't have any obligation to prove that it sells well because frankly you're not important. If you want to dispute it then by all means do, but since you still haven't and likely never will this exchanging of words is rather futile. When you claim someone is wrong you have to back it up. You also have a knack for putting words in my mouth. If my boss or professor asked me to write a report on certain technologies, which I have done, then I do cite sources and if I was so inclined I could probably find sales records from somewhere to incorporate.

I don't mind you giving possibilities of why it sells or doesn't and to be honest I agree with many, but if you want to call me a liar then back it up or keep it to yourself.

^^ not be a liar, but definitely an idiot!

ms has been third, or worse, in market share of all flash media sales since back in 2003 or earlier(whenever it was that sd came along and took over first place of the maket share from cf).

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 02:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Jun 20 2006, 07:37 PM) View Post

^^ not be a liar, but definitely an idiot!
ms has been third, or worse, in market share of all flash media sales since back in 2003 or earlier(whenever it was that sd came along and took over first place of the maket share from cf).

Yes, I concede that I am an idiot. I did not realize that it had to sell more than two formats that it isn't directly competing with in order to sell well, but I greatly appreciate you pointing this out to me. I suppose I should have taken a relative percentage of its sales compared to them over time and realized that was a more accurate method of measure than seeing that stock was fluctuating at a healthy rate.

Zapin

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

Funny reading so far.  Kamasutra318 took long enough to admit being an idiot.  I mean to think that anybody would buy MemoryStick flash media if they actually had the option of buying the far superior, common and cheaper SD memory instead is just silly.
Pages: 1 [2]