xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: (Japan) PS3 Caught Up Xbox 360 Already ...  (Read 358 times)

godsantagonist

• Archived User
(Japan) PS3 Caught Up Xbox 360 Already ...
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(emko @ Dec 9 2006, 11:59 PM) View Post

LOL just because they dont want to buy a xbox 360 they are racist ROFL

maybe they like RPG's more then FPS games?

i am talking past consoles...but i would be digressing from the subject.  but to say that the japanese belief in nationalism has no impact is incorrect.  there are exceptions (ipod), but their belief in japan first is an issue and brings about racism.  gaijin is derogatory in most uses, as is jap, as the previous poster callously used.  study the history and present of japan to see of what i speak.

Ninja Sniper X

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ninja Sniper X @ Dec 8 2006, 09:25 PM) View Post

Because Japan is racist against white consoles.... don't deny it...

I meant that as a sad excuse for a crappy smart ass joke I apologize to anyone I offended.

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Dec 9 2006, 06:21 AM) View Post

I wonder if the Japanese realizes that both the 360 and PS3 is made in CHINA!

Rofl

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Dec 9 2006, 06:27 PM) View Post
microsoft always stated that japan would not be easy, and to them success with the 360 would only mean selling more then they did with the xbox

MS expected a lot better out of Japan then they got.

Microsoft chiefs currently looking to the launch of the Xbox 360 in Japan have revealed a target of one-million console sales by summer 2006, stating that the one-million target will help the console compete in this key gaming region and attract the interest of developers and publishers.
http://play.tm/story/6972

smokingmods

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Elastikman @ Dec 10 2006, 04:40 AM) View Post

Maybe they simple dont want it!!
Many japaneses dont forget what american drop on they august 1945. mad.gif
Rigth!!!!!? unsure.gif

believe you may be getting off topic with that, since the history class I went to clearly stated that on DECEMBER 7, 1941 THEY started it. pretty poor timing for that kind of comment being as we just passed dec 7 this year.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

Yup and the americans ended it by waging war against civilians (and they cry about 9/11) , and dropping bombs even after they surrendered.

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Dec 10 2006, 11:11 AM) View Post

Yup and the americans ended it by waging war against civilians (and they cry about 9/11) , and dropping bombs even after they surrendered.

How is this on-topic AT ALL?

And maybe you should check out some history of the end of World War 2, and why the leaders of that time felt bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki were superior to losing who knows how many soldiers and civilians (from both sides) to a protracted land war.

"The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other bastard die for his." --CoD2  laugh.gif

Regardless, the Japanese as a culture prefer products developed by their own country. There's nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with MS continually trying to attract Japanese buyers at the cost of the American/European/Australian buyers who do support the 360.

If I were in charge of MS, Japan wouldn't have received any consoles at all. Court the top Japanese developers and try to get some of the exclusives off of the PS3 (MGS, DMC, FF, etc.), sure, but ignore the public. They've made it perfectly clear that they prefer the inferior PS3 to the 360, so let them have it. And when MGS only sells 50,000 copies on the PS3 vs. Halo 3 selling 4,000,000, they can come crawling for the chance to develop games for the 360.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(emko @ Dec 9 2006, 10:59 PM) View Post

LOL just because they dont want to buy a xbox 360 they are racist ROFL

maybe they like RPG's more then FPS games?

Bollox - are you now saying MGS is an RPG????

Microsoft knew the loyalty that Japanese gamers had towards their own products. They didn't realise how deep it actually went. The truth is, this is old news and don't even see it worthy for a headline. It was always gonna happen. Even if MS released all the same games as the PS3 (before it), it still wouldn't have sold.

One excuse after another.

Maybe you should read up on History before spouting propaganda...

flbeserk

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 06:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(VariableElite @ Dec 10 2006, 07:12 PM) View Post

How is this on-topic AT ALL?

And maybe you should check out some history of the end of World War 2, and why the leaders of that time felt bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki were superior to losing who knows how many soldiers and civilians (from both sides) to a protracted land war.

"The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other bastard die for his." --CoD2  laugh.gif

Regardless, the Japanese as a culture prefer products developed by their own country. There's nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with MS continually trying to attract Japanese buyers at the cost of the American/European/Australian buyers who do support the 360.

If I were in charge of MS, Japan wouldn't have received any consoles at all. Court the top Japanese developers and try to get some of the exclusives off of the PS3 (MGS, DMC, FF, etc.), sure, but ignore the public. They've made it perfectly clear that they prefer the inferior PS3 to the 360, so let them have it. And when MGS only sells 50,000 copies on the PS3 vs. Halo 3 selling 4,000,000, they can come crawling for the chance to develop games for the 360.

what you said doesn't make much sense.  we all know microsofts killer ap is halo and now they also got gears but regardless if halo 3 sells 4 million,  what does that mean?  that's the most popular game on the console  that doesn't prove anything.  mgs could sell 20,000 copies,  but if sony sells 100 million ps3's while 360 only sells 30 million  then that's what you need to look at it.  4 million is nothing if you got 30 million consoles out there.  it just shows you have 4 million people that like halo.  people will like what they like.  There might be alot of crap on sony's console, but at least it's alot.  you weed through the crap you find good stuff,  when i first got my original xbox it collected dust it didn't have much to offer me but later on i got into it.  like the burnout series but those were on both consoles.  it started to get some fighting games which i like to play which were also on other systems.  they're starting to appeal more but still not enough to really convince japan that's all.  that's just their culture.  not everyone in the world like's halo, i see people talk about halo all the time. but not everyone will find it as glorious as others do.  i like the final fantasy series,  it's not a continuation aside from the spin offs it's more of it's own storyline using some same elements.  i can't see how people can criticise the final fantasy series, while you have nintendo who makes what? metroid sequels, mario sequels, zelda sequels, star fox etc.  that just sounds hypocrital.  that's just how companies are they milk what they see people buy.  i for one am happy with my 360 will get halo 3, not expecting it to be that good in my eyes but i'll see.  i can't wait for mgs,  i only liked mgs 2 but 4 seems cool also.  and on the wii i'm waiting for smash bros brawl.

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(flbeserk @ Dec 11 2006, 07:40 AM) View Post

what you said doesn't make much sense.  we all know microsofts killer ap is halo and now they also got gears but regardless if halo 3 sells 4 million,  what does that mean?  that's the most popular game on the console  that doesn't prove anything.  mgs could sell 20,000 copies,  but if sony sells 100 million ps3's while 360 only sells 30 million  then that's what you need to look at it.  4 million is nothing if you got 30 million consoles out there.  it just shows you have 4 million people that like halo.  people will like what they like.  There might be alot of crap on sony's console, but at least it's alot.  you weed through the crap you find good stuff,  when i first got my original xbox it collected dust it didn't have much to offer me but later on i got into it.  like the burnout series but those were on both consoles.  it started to get some fighting games which i like to play which were also on other systems.  they're starting to appeal more but still not enough to really convince japan that's all.  that's just their culture.  not everyone in the world like's halo, i see people talk about halo all the time. but not everyone will find it as glorious as others do.  i like the final fantasy series,  it's not a continuation aside from the spin offs it's more of it's own storyline using some same elements.  i can't see how people can criticise the final fantasy series, while you have nintendo who makes what? metroid sequels, mario sequels, zelda sequels, star fox etc.  that just sounds hypocrital.  that's just how companies are they milk what they see people buy.  i for one am happy with my 360 will get halo 3, not expecting it to be that good in my eyes but i'll see.  i can't wait for mgs,  i only liked mgs 2 but 4 seems cool also.  and on the wii i'm waiting for smash bros brawl.

If there are ever 100 million PS3s sold, then, yes, you have to look at that number. But right now I'm looking at less than 200,000 PS3s sold, with a horrible attach rate, vs., what, 7 million 360s sold. It doesn't matter how awesome a game is, if there are only n consoles capable of playing that game, the most you can reasonably expect to sell of it is a number less than n. At the moment, the 360's n is much higher than the PS3's. While PS3 manufacturing will eventually ramp up to 360 levels, the higher price point, inferior technology, lack of decent games, and inadequate online support will end up hurting the console.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(VariableElite @ Dec 11 2006, 08:11 AM) View Post

If there are ever 100 million PS3s sold, then, yes, you have to look at that number. But right now I'm looking at less than 200,000 PS3s sold, with a horrible attach rate, vs., what, 7 million 360s sold. It doesn't matter how awesome a game is, if there are only n consoles capable of playing that game, the most you can reasonably expect to sell of it is a number less than n. At the moment, the 360's n is much higher than the PS3's. While PS3 manufacturing will eventually ramp up to 360 levels, the higher price point, inferior technology, lack of decent games, and inadequate online support will end up hurting the console.

Only about 200k off for the PS3s, and 1 million for the Xbox 360s, -> http://nexgenwars.com/

I figure once the Japanese realise how shitty the PS3 is, and that all the games are pretty much miserable, they'll see the light on the Xbox 360.

flbeserk

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

you're hoping they see it as inferior.  and just because it is you think it'll fail.  ps2 wasn't as powerful as the xbox and look what happened there all i'm saying you won't know until it's all said and done with.  and no one know's for sure if it's inferior or not people say it is and others say it isn't, and in a likely case it'll be a trade off 360 can do this better and the ps3 can do that better.  automatically calling it shitty and inferior is just wrong it just came out the gate give it time.  and what's so inferior about it?

the main things i hear is 512 vs 256, ps3 has 512 mb ram just it's divided to do two different things.  x360 games look better than the ps3's cuz they're most likely ports.  ps3 is hard to program for everything takes time eventually they'll be like oh alright.  long load times yea that is a problem install it to hd takes less time, along the way load times might be improved.  other than that what is wrong with the console?  what makes it so inferior? you know it will sell no one know's how much but it will still sell it will get some killer exclusives just like 360 will get killer exclusives.  

maybe japan is biased i don't know but they know what they'll get from sony's system while 360 is trying they don't seem to be cutting it.  but i don't think it's ms fault you also have to blame the developers konami, capcom, squareenix choose to release stuff on the systems they choose to release it on.

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(flbeserk @ Dec 11 2006, 01:25 PM) View Post

you're hoping they see it as inferior.  and just because it is you think it'll fail.  ps2 wasn't as powerful as the xbox and look what happened there all i'm saying you won't know until it's all said and done with.  and no one know's for sure if it's inferior or not people say it is and others say it isn't, and in a likely case it'll be a trade off 360 can do this better and the ps3 can do that better.  automatically calling it shitty and inferior is just wrong it just came out the gate give it time.  and what's so inferior about it?

the main things i hear is 512 vs 256, ps3 has 512 mb ram just it's divided to do two different things.  x360 games look better than the ps3's cuz they're most likely ports.  ps3 is hard to program for everything takes time eventually they'll be like oh alright.  long load times yea that is a problem install it to hd takes less time, along the way load times might be improved.  other than that what is wrong with the console?  what makes it so inferior? you know it will sell no one know's how much but it will still sell it will get some killer exclusives just like 360 will get killer exclusives.  

maybe japan is biased i don't know but they know what they'll get from sony's system while 360 is trying they don't seem to be cutting it.  but i don't think it's ms fault you also have to blame the developers konami, capcom, squareenix choose to release stuff on the systems they choose to release it on.

The PS2 succeeded primarily because it beat the Xbox to market, and had the added support of backwards-compatibility with the PS library.

What's so inferior about the PS3 versus the 360?
  • Higher price
  • Poor online gaming experience
  • More difficult programming model
  • Less advanced graphics processor
  • Slower optical drive access
  • Dashboard requires more system resources, leaving less for games
  • No hardware scalar
  • No rumble in controller
  • Issues with controller losing sync while playing online
  • No background downloading
  • Increased power usage
  • Non-unified memory
Granted, some of these can be fixed, and hopefully will.

My point about exclusives is that THEY DON'T MATTER IF THE CONSOLE WON'T SELL. You can argue all day long about how people will eventually see the light when it comes to the PS3, but I submit that that won't happen for a long time, if ever. Without a certain number of compelling exclusive titles, the majority of people won't be interested in dropping $600+ on the PS3. Without a certain number of consoles in the hands of the purchasing masses, developers aren't going to want to drop $35,000,000 on a game that is only going to ever sell 400,000 copies.

Up until this point, Sony has been lucky -- getting enough of a technology head start from Nintendo for the PS1, then being first to market with the PS2. Now that the 360 is out, is obviously superior(1), has a quickly-growing market of excellent games, has sold nearly 20 times as much, and is cheaper by $200, Sony's in a pretty bad spot.

(1) Even if the systems were 100% identical, the higher price of the PS3 instantly makes it less worth purchasing. There may be a game or two that looks superior to its 360 counterpart, but none that look 50% superior.

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dirvance @ Dec 12 2006, 01:12 AM) View Post

Um cause American made cars nowadays suck...maybe thats why. Toyotas and Hondas are built to last and hold together at that so your not buying parts every 6months. But i'm not getting into that.

To everyone who calls japan racists and brand loyal and everything else you are retarded....period.

So your telling me that they are suppose to buy a system they don't like with games they don't play just to prove to us that they aren't racist console bastards? If you answered yes to that  /yourself. I realize this topic will never die as long as they refuse to buy stuff they don't like (crazy folks aren't they?). Mircosoft has no clue what its doing over there. Yeah they bought a few japanese developers but they keep trying to throw money at it and just like xbox it ain't gonna work this time either....to their credit at least they are throwing money at japanese developers this time.

If they really want to succeed in Japan then study the market and the games and software they use and make games to reflect it...i don't know it just may work...maybe i'm crazy. Why is Dynasty Warriors still selling you ask? Ask yourself why we keep buying the same WWII games over and over and you will have your answer.

I know many of your reading this will ignore common sense and go right back to the hate card....can't blame you for it though...your only American. All i'll say is just wait until you get out of the country yourself until you start judging people. As a MMA fighter i have been around the world and i tell you its a lot different then what your told it is.

Nice, we're the racists because the Japanese buying public prefers their own products.

If we're so evil over here, how come Toyotas and Hondas are some of the most popular cars here? How come Sony is still consistently one of the highest-selling brands in home electronics? (I own a Sony digial camera and a Sony home theater system, both of which I really like. In fact, I bought the same HTS for my parents last Christmas, and recommended the system to a friend of mine who purchased one as well.)

My problem with Japanese video games is that I don't appreciate being treated like an idiot. When one Japanese dev feels that an easier mode on his games for American gamers should be called "dog mode," I feel insulted. When Sony execs spout bile about how their latest crappy console is superior to the 360, how I should want to work extra jobs for it, why I should buy it even if there are no games, etc., I feel insulted. And when the latest Sony fanboi to rear his ugly head pops up on the forums to call me a racist, while ironically labeling an entire country as such as well, I feel insulted.

brutalsun

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dirvance @ Dec 12 2006, 01:12 AM) View Post

I know many of your reading this will ignore common sense and go right back to the hate card....can't blame you for it though...your only American. All i'll say is just wait until you get out of the country yourself until you start judging people. As a MMA fighter i have been around the world and i tell you its a lot different then what your told it is.

Thanks for the totally asshat comment which had no bearing on the fact that in japan they like japan companies.... and as far as the article.... who cares, in America we hold no allegiance and our gaming experience is going to be a bit broader. Those who miss playing any console are going to miss out. Americans miss out on some really weird but fun games because japanese developers think it wont sell here.
I lived in Europe for years and can tell you that while I enjoyed being out of America I missed her, and there is still no other place I'd rather live

Dirvance

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 04:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(VariableElite @ Dec 12 2006, 01:39 PM) View Post

Nice, we're the racists because the Japanese buying public prefers their own products.

If we're so evil over here, how come Toyotas and Hondas are some of the most popular cars here? How come Sony is still consistently one of the highest-selling brands in home electronics? (I own a Sony digial camera and a Sony home theater system, both of which I really like. In fact, I bought the same HTS for my parents last Christmas, and recommended the system to a friend of mine who purchased one as well.)

My problem with Japanese video games is that I don't appreciate being treated like an idiot. When one Japanese dev feels that an easier mode on his games for American gamers should be called "dog mode," I feel insulted. When Sony execs spout bile about how their latest crappy console is superior to the 360, how I should want to work extra jobs for it, why I should buy it even if there are no games, etc., I feel insulted. And when the latest Sony fanboi to rear his ugly head pops up on the forums to call me a racist, while ironically labeling an entire country as such as well, I feel insulted.

Haha Sony fanboy huh? So why was it that i stood at my local Gamestop at midnight so i could be one of the first ones to get my xbox? And why did i spend the days before hand constantly looking over my copies of Halo and Dead or Alive 3 drooling hoping the wait would go faster? Wow i am such a fanboy.

Isn't Mircosoft doing the same with their console? I don't think anyone would say their competition is just as good as them.

Sony actually does have good games for their system....not many as of right now but they have built very nice franchises (Devil May Cry, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Dexter, Metal Gear Solid, etc.) and i know those will be coming soon. X360 didn't have a flattering launch either....Perfect Dark Zero was the best game out for it (Along with Call of Duty) for a while, the rest were ports from current gen.

Ninja Dog mode? Well you should feel like crap for not being willing to step up to the plate. Older games on Sega and SNES didn't spare you at all so why all of a sudden games today should? You remember how freaking hard it was playing games with lives and continues? (Contra: Hard Corp nightmares anyone?)But you felt sooo good when you finally beat the game. It was really a achievement back in those days. Ninja Dog mode is really no different from "Rookie" in sports games, only in NDM they treat you as such. So why should it be ok for you to come in and play a game but feel on my level when i played on the hardest difficulty? So i should feel insulted as a gamer cause i played a harder mode yet get treated no differently then you...you Ninja Dog lol

Also i never said WE were evil (I live here in USA just encase ya missed that one) only that WE think its ok to dog them for not buying the games WE like. Also why is it unfathomable for the PS3 to even be EVEN with X360? PS3 has a insane cpu and a ok gpu, while the X360 has a ok cpus and a insane gpu. Only thing i think that seperates the two is Microsoft has given out better development tools which makes it easier to develop for. PS3 wouldn't be so bad if they tools developers were given were easier to use.

QUOTE(brutalsun @ Dec 12 2006, 04:30 PM) View Post

Thanks for the totally asshat comment which had no bearing on the fact that in japan they like japan companies.... and as far as the article.... who cares, in America we hold no allegiance and our gaming experience is going to be a bit broader. Those who miss playing any console are going to miss out. Americans miss out on some really weird but fun games because japanese developers think it wont sell here.
I lived in Europe for years and can tell you that while I enjoyed being out of America I missed her, and there is still no other place I'd rather live

I agree with you. I love it here in America but i feel i have the right to point out its flaws and the flaws of its people...cause i live here and have my whole life and will might i add : ).

No bearing on the fact? Hmmm i think you missed the whole point of me posting was to prove it isn't FACT...just a common misconception. Just look at how Blue Dragon is selling. Get more games they like and i seriously doubt they will care who made it...or at least thats what i was told by them (had a couple fights there last week).
Pages: 1 [2] 3