xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Flat List Of Sony Camp's Lies  (Read 517 times)

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
Flat List Of Sony Camp's Lies
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

NEW SPECS RELEASED LOL!!1:

CPU: Dual Core Intel 486 DX 66 MHz with built in FPU!!

RAMZ: 16 MB ECC Fastpage EDO RAM

STOARAGE: Full size MFI Seagate hard drive 20 MB

VIDIO: Cirrus Logic PS3-CT1445WTF GPU with full MPEG Support!!

In all seriousness, I wouldn;t be surprised to see the CPU speed go down a little; maybe 2.8 GHz.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(cr4ck3rj4ck @ Sep 18 2006, 11:20 AM) View Post

NEW SPECS RELEASED LOL!!1:
CPU: Dual Core Intel 486 DX 66 MHz with built in FPU!!

RAMZ: 16 MB ECC Fastpage EDO RAM

STOARAGE: Full size MFI Seagate hard drive 20 MB

VIDIO: Cirrus Logic PS3-CT1445WTF GPU with full MPEG Support!!
In all seriousness, I wouldn;t be surprised to see the CPU speed go down a little; maybe 2.8 GHz.

laugh.gif

it was already rumored to be @ 2.8 half a year ago, havent heard anything concrete saying what it will be come launch time.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Sep 18 2006, 07:53 AM) View Post

does anyone here know the FINAL cpu & gpu spec? b'cos on the official site, it doesn't mention their speed or anything. i tried to google it, but most result are from last E3 2005.  knowing Sony, they probably changed it to some low specs  dry.gif

for the Cell at least it recently got approved for 3.2 Ghz

Document

however when you read the listing of all of the clock speeds, they do not list the GPU speed however.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

how is it that we don't know this stuff and the console is going to be released in less then 2 months  uhh.gif

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

At least Sony knows how to hold down a good beat...

http://crabsong.ytmnd.com/

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 03:53:00 PM »

They paid the fcc off, its probably 1.8ghz  laugh.gif

as far as the gpu, last i heard, being as low as 450 was mentioned.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 18 2006, 06:00 PM) View Post

They paid the fcc off, its probably 1.8ghz  laugh.gif

as far as the gpu, last i heard, being as low as 450 was mentioned.

laugh.gif

i do find it odd, that in this final report of the ps3, there is NOTHING on the RSX.

maybe they took it out  tongue.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

Sony has got to be the only company that ppl have to investigate (as in verify the authenticity of their claims) their products before buying them blink.gif

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 01:49:00 AM »

PS3 Backwards Compatibility not so Backwards?

By Jason Bayer on Sep 4, 2006

It seems as though Sony is telling the bad news through their website, other than making it official, because most of the bad news of these past weeks have come from their website and the fine print at the bottom.

Now onto the bad news. Remember at E3 2006 and Kaz hirai was interviewed and said that all PS1 and PS2 games will be fully backwards compatible with the PS3, as well as with CD's, DVD's, and Blu-Ray Discs. Well that's not the case anymore. According to their website under "About" tag with the 13 questions.

When asked "Can I still play my PS2 games, etc... on PS3?", and it gives the answer and then at the bottom in fine print it says this, and I quote:
"* Some PlayStation 2 or PlayStation format software titles may perform differently on this system than they do on PlayStation 2 or PlayStation systems, or may not perform properly on this system. In rare instances, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs and other media may not operate properly on the PS3 system. This is primarily due to variations in the manufacturing process or encoding of the software.*"

This can only mean one thing, either the Blu-Ray disc drive in the PS3 isn't functioning the way Sony had imagined it, or they are having the same troubles as Microsoft is with making Xbox games work on Xbox 360, with the encoding of them. It can also mean that when these systems being manufacturing, if it already hasn't, that maybe about 1 out of every 5 systems may not function the way they are supposed to, which could be because of the Blu-Ray diodes or the yeilds in the cell processor. Anyway you look at it, Sony has a lot of explaning to do come TGS and come before their launch, to prove to the gaming industry that the PS3 is not a system failure.

Source : http://ps3.net/newsb...view.php?id=440

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 03:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(bluie @ Sep 22 2006, 10:28 AM) View Post

Hmm is this a PS3-forum or a simple X360 fanboysection of the xbox-forums where you get to dream up stuff about how much you want the PS3 to fail?

Atm it does look to be the latter rather than the former.

go to the xbox forum and see how much the Xbox 360 & M$ got bashed before and after it was launched... and still gets bashed  dry.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Sep 22 2006, 03:56 AM) View Post

I don't think I need to find a quote saying the PS3 is marketed as being 100% backward compatible with the PS2 and PSOne catalog of games...

Source : http://ps3.net/newsb...view.php?id=440

Interesting enough the Slim PS2 isn't even fully compatable with all PS2 games.

And yes redwolf is right the Xbox 360 was bashed mercelessly before it's release... it's the nature of the game people expect the worst and hope for the best...

... it maximizes your surprise and excitment once the thing comes out  laugh.gif

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »

Interesting enough the Slim PS2 isn't even fully compatable with all PS2 games.

Not all are incompatible, just the latest slim PS2s with the EE+GS combo chip. Sony's recommendation? Get an older PS2...

nickthegreat

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »

PCs are at the point of perfection

In fact, im sorry, I can't bring myself to read or try to understand anymore of what he is saying in his opening keynote of TGS: its hurting my head. I think at one point he was alluding to the fact that games (levels? the global map......) would be streamed to the PS3 (or they are 'nearly there'). This guy is a cock. Simple as. In fact just looking at him makes me want to change my mind and not buy a PS3 come price drop. Here it is, read if you dare:
http://www.wonderlan..._game_show.html

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

your hatred for the fugger is 1% of how I feel about him  grr.gif Ive wished death upon him since the late 90s. If you'd like to join the club, theres a probationary period that requires all new members to spew nasty comments in KK's direction for 60 days straight  jester.gif

wow I have issues

So anyways....Go listen to the podcast in the thread I started. They were all confused, very very confused, thanks to Kenny K and his so called keynote. They all poked their heads out of their offices and wondered wtf they just listened to, hahahahaha

One can like/love/support sony until they day they die, the problem is when they put faith into a man that is not only Father of the Playstation, but the Father of Manupulation, and the Father of Bullshit.

I feel much much better  biggrin.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »

so much pain.. hatrid.. hate leads to the dark side...

smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6