xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyoone Have Killzone2?  (Read 466 times)

perfectdark

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »

i've downloaded and tried the demo and thought hte controls were clunky, also the graphics were good but not as good as COD4 or COD5... doesn't anyone have the retail complete game? Are the controls and graphics better? I'm hoping they are

thanks

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 12:03:00 AM »

hopefully soon - gamefly keeps pushing it back a day... second day in a row

Chancer

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:25:00 AM »

I got it yesterday. I am crap at FPS, but the game is excellent. Graphics are stunning. You can customise the controls and adjust the sensitivity etc. Once you play it for a short while it becomes  easier. Not every game is going to have identical control mechanics to others.  Graphics are better than the COD series (I have COD 4 and 5 on both consoles) in my opinion, but I don't expect anyone in this forum to agree, for obvious reasons.
I haven't played online yet so can't comment on it. The game is well worth buying.
Some opinion and comparison.
http://www.gamespot.....opslot;title;1
Graphical comparison to GOW 2

hopefully soon - gamefly keeps pushing it back a day... second day in a row

I wonder why? hamwbone already has it.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »

my eyes are finally getting accustomed to the game and i am enjoying. some of the enemies are bad ass. i must admit, the game controls fine, but the ps3 sticks are to loose for me. yes i love my 360 controller =)

when i said i wouldnt buy it that was kind of a mis speak on my part, i have a 2 game - game pass at blockbuster and i rarely buy any games. hell i didnt buy gow 2, all rentals. i typically only play games for about 2 weeks, MAYBE a month if the multiplayer is awsome. i always get them because i live 2 miles from the blockbuster warehouse - and my blockbuster opens at 6 am, hehe. i always get first pick.

<---- and you can see im giving the game a try chancer! i havent logged on my xbox in over 2 days, haha

This post has been edited by hamwbone: Feb 27 2009, 02:46 PM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »

gamefly is just lamefly sometimes - I don't understand it.

I was hoping to have it for the weekend, but no no no... stupid gamefly!!!!

I think they knew I was trying to get it and put my account back down to 1 at a time, so they push the game so I have to hold the spot until my card is charged...   dry.gif

IPB Image

Chancer

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »

360 controller is defo better for FPS, no doubt.
The game is different in perspective to the usual and I mostly don't persist with games but 30 minutes or so playing it seems to come natural (for me that is good)
I pre-ordered it instead of RE5 which I was very disappointed in the demo.
Managed to get it at 29.99 (UKP) too which is cheap for a new game here

mace1337

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »

30 quid? That's pretty cheap. In holland they rape us with a 60~65 euro price tag.

I got it from blahdvd for 37 pounds including shipping, and that was for the limited edidion steelcase.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

QUOTE(perfectdark @ Feb 27 2009, 03:27 AM) *

also the graphics were good but not as good as COD4 or COD5... doesn't anyone have the retail complete game?

The graphics are miles above COD IMHO, I don't really get how you could think that honestly.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »

100% agree 360 controller is way better for FPS...

that said, the game is pretty amazing so far... I actually ducked a little from an RPG coming at me on one of the first levels.. nice immersion.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 04:12:00 AM »

getting better as it goes.... mmmm electricity gun!!!! now i got  halo wards to contend with...3 hours and and im galf way thru. it seems

gabe681

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »

This game is pretty Bad A*** already played through the hole thing.  I do have to agree that the PS3 controller is lacking for FPS games.  Getting sick of my thumbs bumping togeather.

sublemon

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 03:53:00 AM »

i finished this game not to long ago.
single player is a waste of time but multiplayer is where the fun is.
definitely buy it if you intend on playing multiplayer imo.

and i agree with the guys above. the ps3 controller is lacking for fps. 360 controller is leaps and bounds better. it feels uncomfortable running in kz2 by holding the stick down while trying to move in another direction etc.

jessicamonde

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »

I don't have it yet but I am planning to buy it..

RippedArea

• Archived User
Anyoone Have Killzone2?
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »

Killzone2 is one of my favourites these days, just love playing it. The weapons are pretty excited to use. This is my third roundÂ…. Lol