xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uncharted: Framerate Issues  (Read 370 times)

griever666

• Archived User
Uncharted: Framerate Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 7 2007, 05:28 PM) View Post

Played the Demo without issue. Got the game and the bloody thing is shocking. Nice graphics, terrible frame rate issues right from the start. Worse than ConArmys attempt at PES2008. What is going on here with some of these developers? I expected better of Naughty Dog.
Anyone else getting these issues?

I played uncharted for more than 20 hrs (beat normal, hard, got all treasuers, most medals and i'm on crushing right now) and had absolutelly no frame rate issue.
If you say the cutscenes are bad this might be a disc read problem, because the cutscenes are prerendered, even tho they look like ingame. AND the thing that the demo works fine also hints to a disc problem. Note that the demo is played entirely from HDD, the game itself not (maybe partially), and the prerendered cutscenes surely from disc.
Got a 40Gig PS3, PAL the game is also PAL.

paintballw13

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »

Just thought i would put my 2 cent's in even tho its the same no frame rate problems either

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »

There is apparently an issue with controller connectivity with the 20, 60, and 80GB models where the controller constantly resynchs every so often causing these types of issues.

The 40GB got improved/stronger Bluetooth and WiFi and imagine the other models will follow soon.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »

It's a strange one this. My controllers don't have any problems with sync. Never did but this was addressed in a very early update.
 I have problems with only 2 games this one and PES2008.
The effect is very very noticeable.
The PES2008 is the same for everyone so I know that must be the game but Uncharted seems to be only me.
I may return the disc and have it replaced just to rule out some strange disc problem.

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »

I've only had the problem with the motion sensors why playing the bowling game, sometimes my guy will just stand still instead of moving forward and then throwing the ball is delayed also.

Definitely swap your copy, I've never heard of an issue like that with Uncharted.

sheeks

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »

same here completed the game and there was no framerate issues

same here completed the game and there was no framerate issues

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

Just started through the game again on a replacement disc and no problems at all so far. Cheers guys.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »

I haven't noticed any controller re-synching, but I do notice that PSN sign-outs occur somewhat frequently when changing activity (ie, I play a game, quit, says I'm logged in, but 5 mins later will say I've been signed out). According to my settings, my PS3 has between 97%-100% signal strength. When playing Tekken 5 with a friend, however, the bars on the bottom were fluctuating. I thought they were representing microphone volume, but they didn't move much when talking.

Anybody played this game with DS3? The demo seems to suck in terms of the rumble feature, but I was wondering if the game itself was much better with the vibration support.

This post has been edited by HotKnife420: Jan 25 2008, 08:16 PM
Pages: 1 [2]