xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Heavenly Sword Demo  (Read 132 times)

KaRiL

• Archived User
Heavenly Sword Demo
« on: July 27, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »

Got the Demo Last night, first off way too short, seriously like 10 mins.
second. No Jump!!???  I dont know what it is, but I really hate fighting games where you can't jump. That right there, for me, means this game will never be as good as God of War, which sucks because the fighting was really good.
I thought the graphics were great and the facial animations were just incredible.

overall the no jump kills it for me, takes it from a must buy, to a maybe rental.
what did you guys think?

Thraxen

• Archived User
Heavenly Sword Demo
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

I also don't understand the lack of a jump button.   It seems the game would benefit from having one.  It was also too short.  There simply wasn't enough time to learn/practice many of the combos.   I still have hope for the game though.  I'll wait and see how the final reviews turn out

[edit] Well, I played it again and it was much better the second time.  Having a better understanding of the combos and counters helps greatly.  Also, keep in mind that that demo is actually from a very old build.

This post has been edited by Thraxen: Jul 28 2007, 04:39 AM

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
Heavenly Sword Demo
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »

Not to say that I don't mind the ability to jump in a game but how often in a real life battle are you going to actually jump? And if you do it wont be more than around a foot or so.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Heavenly Sword Demo
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(ludacrisvp @ Jul 28 2007, 12:44 AM) *

Not to say that I don't mind the ability to jump in a game but how often in a real life battle are you going to actually jump? And if you do it wont be more than around a foot or so.

thats funny

#1. If we're gonna play like that then how many times in real life does a sword drain the user's life?

how many times in real life do you see this?
(IMG:http://www.psu.com/media/heavenly-sword-/heavenly-sword--ss-55.jpg)

or this?
(IMG:http://www.psu.com/media/heavenly-sword-/heavenly-sword--ss-34.jpg)

#2 it's not real life.

edit: sorry for the more-than-necessary response. I'm just really bored.

This post has been edited by Mr Invader: Jul 28 2007, 07:23 AM

KaRiL

• Archived User
Heavenly Sword Demo
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(ludacrisvp @ Jul 27 2007, 10:44 PM) View Post

so?...I just like shouting "Death from above!!!" as I pummel bitches with a super whirlwind spin attack