xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: InFamous Q&A: Only using 30pct of PS3 Power  (Read 244 times)

yourM0M

• Archived User
InFamous Q&A: Only using 30pct of PS3 Power
« on: July 19, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »

i think there is a missing word in the article.....only "CAN" use 30pct lol

i kid, i kid

Ninja Sniper X

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »

So if they CAN make everything so much better then why don't they? Maybe they'd sell a few more PS3's that are just sitting on the shelf...

And the best part? We've not made any significant attempts to even optimize the SPU code.

Now if I owned a PS3 that statement would piss me off. Paying $600 for a piece of crap that they havn't even "made any significant attempts" to use fully. Sounds like bullshit.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 02:38:00 AM »

tru.dat d-rage!

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:11:00 AM »

well lets just hope it doesn't look as crappy as lair when it comes out (yea I said it...)

bomonster

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ninja Sniper X @ Jul 20 2007, 02:09 AM) View Post

So if they CAN make everything so much better then why don't they? Maybe they'd sell a few more PS3's that are just sitting on the shelf...
Now if I owned a PS3 that statement would piss me off. Paying $600 for a piece of crap that they havn't even "made any significant attempts" to use fully. Sounds like bullshit.

Well, Mr Ninja with a gun (??), the last time I checked there weren't too many PS3's on the shelves.  The Sony doomsday scenarios are getting old and are a thing of the past.  M$ fanboys are going to have to get used to the fact that the tables are only going to get more even.  The one year headstart was nice for the neon green rrod'ers but Sony has started to get their act together.

And getting back to your post, that quote was from a game developer, not Sony.  Even if the quote did piss me off, it has nothing to do with Sony, only the developer.  As for the "$600 piece of crap", it's $500 and it's a piece of art and engineering.  You want to talk about crap we can talk about 30% failure rates.  The PS3 is probably the best piece of electronics I have bought in a very long time, and it gets better with every update.

Bottom line, you wanna troll, do it on the green troll side.  Don't bully others because your daddy(M$) abused you(rrod).

-bo-

toytown

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 07:34:00 AM »

Whilst the SPU might only be using 30% of its power (if thats to even be believed), the GPU isnt.   So whilst you could expect better physics/ai etc, this doesnt meant your going to get better visuals.

SwordOfDoom

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ninja Sniper X @ Jul 20 2007, 02:09 AM) View Post

He may have meant that they aren't in the optimization phase yet.  The latter part of the development cycle is when the bulk of optimization occurs.  That's how I took it.

KaRiL

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Jul 20 2007, 05:47 AM) View Post

well lets just hope it doesn't look as crappy as lair when it comes out (yea I said it...)

What, Lair is out already?..... wink.gif

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »

Well said bomonster! Couldn't agree more smile.gif

thax

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »

It remains to be seen if it is worth investing the additional time to get the extra performance out of the unit. With the PS2 it was worth the extra time because of the size of the install base and the level of competition. This generation is different and this alters the priorities of the developers.

Given 2 years to develop a game with a small development team and a limited budget you would probably get a better looking end product with x360 versus a PS3.

Digital_sin

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

lol, doesn't surprise me... that game looks like CRAP. looks like a PS2 game (not even an original xbox game)

maybe they should go optimize that code  laugh.gif

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

BS grr.gif

I just want a playable game at this point with no crap cut corners sleeping.gif

bloodyorgasm555

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

i see alot of xbox fanboys puttin down the ps3. which is not fair for the ps3 since its only been out a fraction of the time that the xbox 360 has been out.

stevenalvarado

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »

But I would have liked Sony had delivered enough games near launch - and FYI enough is 5 or 8 good games at launch or six months after that IMHO - and how many are there? Im talking about GOOD games... games that look and play good enough to buy a new console. Adding the 600 to 500 dollars that the PS3 costs is something that scares potential costumers.
I mean people have needs. Today I bought with my girl one big rice cooker, an excellent microwave, a huge electric skillet, a good blender and something that i dont how to say in english but in spanish is called "olla de cocimiento lento" and i realized that we had the enough money to even buy an xbox 360! All of this with the same amount of money to for example, buy a PS3...

yourM0M

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »

retracted after reading the whole article