xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: E3 2007: Killzone 2 Impressions  (Read 95 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
E3 2007: Killzone 2 Impressions
« on: July 11, 2007, 03:30:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | 11-7-2007 4:54 EST

From kotaku.com:

I just got back from Sony's private Killzone 2 party. It was held at a little sushi place on Ocean Avenue called Sushi Roku. The good news is that Killzone 2 was playable, the bad news is that the only ones allowed to play it were the developers.

After what we thought was a short trailer, the game dropped straight into actual, live gameplay. And I do mean live, the game was actually being played by one of the developers as we watched.

The developer proceeded to play through an entire level of the game as we looked on in stunned silence. There was a lot to take in during the lengthy gameplay session. First, the game appears to not feature a HUD, in fact the only time I saw anything on the screen that was hud like was when the developer fired or switched weapons.

The game's look was the most stunning thing about it. Much like Resistance Fall of Man, it wasn't anyone thing that really stood out (though the lighting effects were just plain stunning) but rather the combination of everything you were seeing. There was so much detail, so much activity that it was hard for you to take it all in as it happened. Instead the game's intense action and detailed graphics helped to create what the developers called a violent theater of war.

The little things I did notice about the game included destructible environments, enemies that not only reacted to being shot, but to where they were shot, impressive weather, fire, and lightning effects and a world that was abuzz with activity.

Full Story: kotaku.com

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 04:51:00 AM »

yea i saw the trailer.....its not bad. It looked very gears of war-ish but thats not a bad thing at all. Lets just hope it doesn'y suck like the first one.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »

It looked very gears of war-ish

yeah, from everything thats been said here before the dusty and gritty look is the easiest artistic style to create on a console.

The effects are nice though; the lightning, smoke, blood effects; i just wish the trailer would have been continuous gameplay instead of cutting in and out.

Anyone else think that it looks almost exactly like Area 51: Blacksite?

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »

yea it does, maybe its using the unreal engine also cause they both are.

TexT

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »

"Next Gen doesn't start until Sony says it does"

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(TexT @ Jul 11 2007, 11:56 AM) View Post

"Next Gen doesn't start until Sony says it does"

Judging by their sales figures and their library, it hasn't started for them yet. laugh.gif