xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Killzone PS3 public beta on the way  (Read 124 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Killzone PS3 public beta on the way
« on: May 16, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 16-5-2007 23:24 EST

From computerandvideogames.com:

It's not just 360 fans that are getting online FPS-beta-testing love this year. Oh no. It's been confirmed that PS3 owners have a public beta of the upcoming Killzone to look forward to.

Posting on the killzone.com forums, Seb Downie (under the alias 'motherH') revealed: "Of course there is going to be a public beta. I have always said that any game that has an online mode needs to go through a public beta to ensure it works as intended."

Full Story: computerandvideogames.com

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

I don't get the strategy of pushing killzone 2 when the first one sucke major balls. It's not like the game has ANY kind of following i mean i don't knwo anyone who like that turd at all.

Just makes me kind of be like wasn't this supposed to be a launch game or how about some PS3 games instead of all this other shit.

Ok i am done being negative and am going back to palying halo3 biggrin.gif

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

I'm hoping that this one will be good, despite the fact that the first one was a pile of feces.  That would be a nice turn-around for the PS3.

--but do I see this happening?  Not really... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Also, I'm sure there will be a public beta for the game, in about a year and a half or so.

lando786

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

Never played the first one and after reading the above 2 posts im not interested in playin it. Hope this new one is fun its gonna be tough to beat resistance since that games really well designed lets see :-D pop.gif

UltimateNinja9

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:17:00 AM »

I don't care about Killzone 2. However a Warhawk, SOCOM, or Resistance 2 beta would be nice.

CHAMELiON360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »

Imagine that announcement on the day of the Halo 3 Public Beta release.  Sony and there Bullshit PR.I agree the first Killzone wasnt worth a krap.  Funny thing is Sony just swears that its the Halo Killer.   Boy do they got a thing or two to learn.  If they can come close to meeting there E3 CGI then maybe thatll warrant them saying its gonna be good game, but until the horrible thoughts of the first one come to mind.  Resistance is a very nice title the sequel to that will do much better than Killzone.

supergrafx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(UltimateNinja9 @ May 17 2007, 03:17 AM) View Post

I don't care about Killzone 2. However a Warhawk, SOCOM, or Resistance 2 beta would be nice.

I second Resistance 2!!!

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(CHAMELiON360 @ May 17 2007, 10:41 AM) View Post

If they can come close to meeting there E3 CGI then maybe thatll warrant them saying its gonna be good game.

It could look AS GOOD as the CGI and it wouldn't be a game that would be considered a "Halo-Killer". As of now, Halo 3 is one of the best games i have played (in respects that its a beta); not because of the graphics, but because the gameplay is superb. Killzone 2 won't amount to anything, because it won't (most likely) be as much fun to play.

bluie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ May 17 2007, 06:35 AM) *

I don't get the strategy of pushing killzone 2 when the first one sucke major balls. It's not like the game has ANY kind of following i mean i don't knwo anyone who like that turd at all.

I dont think you hang around the ps3-forums around the net much at all. Killzone has a huge following that will go absolutely bananas if the graphics match the trailer. You'd never hear the end of it! And if it doesnt the xbot-community will go equally bananas. You'd never hear the end of that! So whatever happens with this game i assure you - you will hear about it... Sony seems to be pretty smug about it though, and not overly worried.
Oh well, time will tell.

For myself i'm more psyched for Uncharted and Folklore. They are already proven great looking (imo). And does not have the space-marine theme we've all come to grow so attached to/tired of. =)

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(bluie @ May 22 2007, 12:19 AM) View Post

I dont think you hang around the ps3-forums around the net much at all. Killzone has a huge following that will go absolutely bananas if the graphics match the trailer.

You have got to be kidding me, just the sales alone of the original killzone show it has no following. You need to stop making shit up. And there is also no way in hell it will look anything like the trailer, that was art and should not be confused with a video game.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ May 22 2007, 06:12 PM) View Post

You have got to be kidding me, just the sales alone of the original killzone show it has no following. You need to stop making shit up. And there is also no way in hell it will look anything like the trailer, that was art and should not be confused with a video game.

The only reason why killzone had any hype or PR for it was because it was labelled the "Halo-killer". Without that title or the title of halo at all connected to it, it would just be an ordinary game that people yawned at, now Sony fanboys go "OOO0OH K1LLZONE 2!!!1! T4KE TH4T HALO LOLZ ROFL"