xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4 Slips to March 2008?  (Read 109 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid 4 Slips to March 2008?
« on: May 14, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | 14-5-2007 12:56 EST

From spong.com:

The release of Metal Gear Solid 4 has slipped to March 2008, according to several leading retailers.
The UK arm of Amazon has the PS3 killer-app's release date down as March 30th next year. Similarly, U.S. giant GameStop and its partner EB Games show a release of March 1st 2008, a date that dovetails nicely with a potential UK release a month later.

If correct, the new dates put the game's release a good six months after the previously-anticipated September 2007 release.

Full Story: spong.com

supergrafx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »

f dat homie

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »

fine with me... whatever makes the game perfect smile.gif

ditta

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »

Well thats not even far anyway, May is practically over, so 6 months and most of those will go pretty quick. And considering there will be 3 months, you just dont count those. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

what hasn't been delayed with the ps3? first the hardware, even though we all knew it wasn't going to come out in spring 05 or even fall/winter 05. every hot launch game was delayed. every other game planned as being the first games to show off the console, delayed. exclusives lost. bluray movies freezing during playback. bad backwards compat. what hasn't been wrong with this machine? but anyways to my point. if they've sold 3 million units after all of this, then everyone that bought one will glady wait till march 08 for MGS.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »

If this is true, it sucks balls.

irnchriz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »

Surprise Surprise Surprise!!!

Hmmm, the PS3 goes something like this:

Its coming march 2005
then its coming September 2005
Its coming may 2006
then its coming September 2006
November 2006 Beta PS3 hardware ships in USA & Japan
March 2007 Final hardware ships to rest of world.
May 2007 Patch switches off PS2 hardware in Beta PS3's shipped to USA/Japan

Games:

Unbelievable as it is, although the only reason the PS3 was held back was a lack of Bluray laser diodes no one has had all that long to play with the PS3 hardware, so.......  Very few games available.

GT Mobile - ??? Vaporware ???
GT HD - Ah, tech demo
All games will run 1080p @ 60 fps - Oh, we could run that but they would look like shit
MGS - in development since 2004 (well, cut scenes take a while to direct and such)
GT5 - due ?? 08 ?? 09 ?? Possible vaporware  ????

Also where did the exclusives go ?  DMC 4 on 360 OH NO !  first of many?

Finally, WTF is HOME????

A fully realised 3D environment to make your own.  Sounds more like HOMO  

This is the kind of fucked up shit you should expect from Japan.  Outside of straight electronic goods wheir biggest export is cartoons of underage kids with big eyes.   It may be their culture but to the rest of the world its paedophilia.  

This post has been edited by irnchriz: May 15 2007, 03:58 PM

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(NineT9mustang @ May 14 2007, 01:54 PM) View Post

fine with me... whatever makes the game perfect smile.gif

QUOTE(ditta @ May 14 2007, 04:43 PM) View Post

Well thats not even far anyway, May is practically over, so 6 months and most of those will go pretty quick. And considering there will be 3 months, you just dont count those. smile.gif

While I usually don't mind delays because I know it helps guarantee a quality product in this case it would be benificial to cut a few corners to make a holiday release.

This is was the PS3's headliner AAA title for the holiday season, holiday #2 is the most important in the life of any console because it's the first one unadulterated by production delays, launch bugs and component shortages. In essence it sets the tone for the rest of the console's life, at holiday #2 there are no more excuses they've had a year to iron out all the bugs.

While MGS slipping is good for MGS fans and those that own or plan on owning a PS3 it's very bad for Sony's market position, and if Sony doesn't pull off some big sales this holiday it's bad for Sony fans because that means less titles on the PS3. (lower sales = less attention from developers).

This is particularly important because MGS is a system seller, meaning people will buy a PS3 just for MGS... video game dollars get spent in the holiday season whether the games are available or not, if your game doesn't show up to the party someone else's gets the dollars. MS pulled off a fantastic line up last holiday, and this years looks to be chalk full of AAA titles. Nintendo is gearing up to pull out all the stops as well with a barrage of AAA titles from their most popular franchises. Sony only had a small handful in the works, the biggest of which was MGS4... now that MGS is gone they're poised to lose a lot of sales to Nintendo and MS.

Aerok

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »

All I know is that I'm not buying the PS3 until one of my favorite series of all time comes out (MGS or Final Fantasy). Those 2 are the only reasons keeping me from buying a WII or 360 because I don't want more than one console.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »

i have some new mgs4 info and i am not sure how many people are reading these forums, or will believe me, so do not want to bother making a new thread for it. this info comes from my brother-in-law, who is one of the voice actors in in mgs4(mgs & mgs2 as well) so we must remember that he is not a game developer and possibly take this with a grain of salt...

he told me he is not allowed to discuss the plot or action in the game, but he was able to tell me...

* he has been working on his parts for about a week or so
* he will be done with his current session later this month and is going back in july
* all voice acting for the game will be completed by august
* he has seen large portions of the game and he says it is stunning
* mgs4 will NOT be ps3 exclusive(ms has deep pockets), but it was definitely developed for ps3 first
* the mgs4 release date for ps3 will be later this calendar year
* the launch date for xbox360 may not be the same date, but they hope to make it happen
* now get your grain of salt - whenever the mgs4 release date ends up landing, it will be AFTER the launch of a NEW PS3 MODEL

yes, i typed NEW PS3 MODEL at the end of that sentence and obviously, that one is VERY hard to believe, but my brother-in-law is working on the game and i am just passing on the info i was told.

now a little more back on topic... i played mgs on a playstation way back before i married my wife and my brother-in-law finished his work on mgs2 before i had met him, but i am even more a fan of the game since finding out that he was in the games. in other words, yes, i would buy a ps3 if it did not land on xbo360, but i would wait until i was bored with the xbox360 release schedule or until a price drop.

on a different note, i wonder if the release date delay on retailer sites comes from the belief among retailers that the game will take at least 6 months to port to xbox360.

This post has been edited by STICKY_BUD: Jun 5 2007, 04:26 AM

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 06:53:00 AM »

Thanks for the tip beerchug.gif