xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ninja Gaiden Sigma  (Read 96 times)

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« on: April 01, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »

Looks good but i really want a new ninja gaiden game instead of another redo. The new content sounds great though.

I am a big fan of the original ninja gaiden games on the xbox even though i felt black got a little to hard at times they are some exellent titles.

On a sidenote1080p60 is kind of BS since no hdtv can do 1080p60 yet but whatever. While the PS3 may be able to output 1080p at 60fps (which i doubt) it will be only able to go up to 30frames even on current model 1080p tv's.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »

No they can't they are still locked at 30 frames, all current 1080p tv's. Also the fact that the tv can or can't accept a true 1080p signal has nothing to do with it.

http://forums.xbox-s...o...549558&st=0

Read twisteds explanation a couple posts down you were right on about the 360 harddrive but this time you are dead wrong.
There was another long thread about this but it ended with 1080p60 tvs are not out yet, i can't find the dam thread though.

I could still be wrong and i like to stay informed so let me know.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

Aah, a game on the PS3 that is awesome!

I love Ninja Gaiden, though by myself i cant get past the first boss (n00b i know) , its one of the most challenging games i have ever played.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

You ain't joking, ninja gaiden was hell of hard to me and black was even harder, the crazy thing is i remember people bitching about it was to EASY when it first came out. blink.gif

I hope they balance out the game a little better for sigma, if not practice practice.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »

I think just because it can do 60 hertz doesn't mean it can go beyond 30fps it is slightly different. Again i coulds be wrong but i don't think hdmi 1.3 supports 1080p60. I know computer monitors have been able to go up to that high of a resolution and be able to go 60 frames and beyond but hdtv's are a slightly different beast. I may just be misunderstanding something but i believe Twisted said all 1080p30 tv's can do 60 hertz but for some reason they can't go beyond 30 frames.

http://forums.xbox-s...hlight=1080p 60

Kind of old but it states 1080p can't do 60fps in a round about way

I also don't think 1.3 is even on any current tv, read an article that the new 8000 doller pioneer plasma doesn't support hdmi 1.3 or deep color.

Tv's that support deep color are supposd to come out in a year or two. I can't wait. biggrin.gif

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

Just found out hdmi 1.3 supports 1080p60 and there are at least one deepcolor set out know but it is a projector made by epson huh.gif

Tried to edit my lat post but i guess to much time passed

incognegro

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

yea so the demo is out, where are the impressions?

epsilon72

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »

Okay, I just played through the first chapter (and got "Master Ninja" for my rating wink.gif ) here are my impressions:

-The game is NOT full 1080p.  It is most likely the pseudo fake scaled 1080p that we heard of a little while ago (9xx*1080, or something, I can't remember).  Looks like the same amount of detail as 720p, but my tv reports that it is receiving a 1920x1080 signal, so it is most likely upscaled pseudo-fake-1080p.

-It's......just a remake.  SO FAR, there isn't anything to distinguish it from the original besides 1)higher character poly counts 2)higher quality textures 3)better lighting engine 4)slightly improved sound (may just be my better speakers than last I played though

Of course we'll probably see a whole lot more content with the actual release.  But as of now it's just a prettied up version of the xbox game.

Difficulty seems exactly the same for normal mode.  When you finish the first level you unlock hard mode and mission mode.  I'll try hard mode to see if that one is the same as NGB as well.

I'll probably buy it when it comes out, but I guess we now know that Sony will say "1080p @60fps!!!" when the game isn't really 1080p.  

It's pretty sad that they can't even make this touched up game 1080p.  I doubt we'll see any good looking games in 1080p this gen.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is one more weapon too - double katanas.  I got all the way to Murai and didn't realize I had them, so I didn't use 'em too much this playthrough.  They seem pretty cool though.

epsilon72

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »

I just found the Rachel mission.  

The jiggliness....it is hypnotizing...... ph34r.gif

_iffy

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »

response time of 16ms = 60hz

most TV's can do 16ms or 8ms (125hz). Some have as good as 1ms (1000hz)

Film is recorded and shown at 24 fps. (24hz)
TV broadcasts are recorded and shown at 30 fps. (30hz)

Video games tend to set a goal of 60fps because on a 60hz computer monitor it looks much better than 30hz.

The newer HDTV's can now display 60hz games. (you guys posted old threads)
[/info]

I'm kinda glad sigmas a port of black, but kinda disappointed. I'm disappointed because the obvious lack of originality. Black was a stunningly beautiful game for xbox1, and it would be a shame if the ps3 couldn't make a giant leap forward. I'm glad it's a port because they already had the story and game play down so they could focus on "photo-realism" (realistic graphics) This would help make that "giant leap" possible

This also means that now they have a game model already set-up. It will be easier to make the next gaiden so we won't have to wait very long.

incognegro

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »

Yes we will, itagaki has one more IP to finish before ninja gaiden comes out. I don't really understand why ppl had so much high hopes for this game. Its not like its an itagaki game or anything. Its just a remake by some new guy...

anyways, newcomers will have a blast with it

derf

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

this is the same game again, will it be re-released for the PS4