xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony software upgrades to fix PlayStation glitches  (Read 93 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Sony software upgrades to fix PlayStation glitches
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 15-11-2006 22:20 EST

From reuters.com:

Sony Corp. said on Wednesday that online software upgrades to its new video game console, the PlayStation 3, will fix glitches that make some older PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games not run properly on the PS3.

Kaz Hirai, president and chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, told Reuters that more than 8,000 PS2 games will play on the PS3, and that so-called "firmware" upgrades will address problems found with about 200 games since sales of the PS3 started last week in Japan.

"We are aiming for perfect compatibility. Our goal is 100 percent compatibility," he said in an interview. "We are trying to get there as quickly as possible."

Read More: reuters.com

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

Where are all the guys that were laughing about the issues when Sony announces a fix?

VinnySem

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 04:56:00 AM »

I hope these issues get fixed. Never had a PS2, but a friend showed me God of War and Shadow of the Colossus. I'll be picking up used copies of those this weekend.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 15 2006, 09:57 PM) View Post

Where are all the guys that were laughing about the issues when Sony announces a fix?

blink.gif

What?