xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Resistance: Fall Of Man Ign Review.  (Read 532 times)

jaygould30

• Archived User
Resistance: Fall Of Man Ign Review.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

The one thing I'd like to point out...being the best game you've played all year IMO makes it deserve nothing less then a 9.5. Something people always forget is that games are rated based on whats out at the time. If we didn't rate games on this concept of time we could constantly just say that games don't deserve their ratings because something better will be out 5 years from now.

I'd say anyone who has not played GoW and questions the 10 should wait to play it first. You might change your mind on just how "crazy" the score seems. As someone who has played it I will say that yes a 10/10 seems a little high to me but not nearly as outrageous as others make it out to be. 9.6-9.8 would be my rating.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

On topic...do you think stores will start putting Resistance in the system to Demo? I'd like to see how this game feels and looks.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 13 2006, 12:43 PM) View Post

and for somebody like me who didn't care for halo, I never got the whole "halo" killer thing as I like many FPS titles more than halo.  Yes, I know, blasphemy.

Well your opinion just went out the window for me. laugh.gif

Halo 1 was the most brilliant game i've ever played.  Simply amazing.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Nov 13 2006, 05:56 PM) *

Well your opinion just went out the window for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Halo 1 was the most brilliant game i've ever played.  Simply amazing.

Sorry.  I guess it filled a niche in the console arena, but me and several friends were pretty underwhelmed.  I don't want to get in to here though.

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

Read this reply I got from GameStop:

Average Customer Review: (IMG:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/no0b12345/4star.gif)        Number of Reviews:   10

(IMG:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/no0b12345/1star.gif)     NO

Reviewed By: A Customer    Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006
this game would look better on the xbox 360, PS3 SUCKS!!!

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

I still wanna play Resistance since it is suppose to be the best game for PS3 so far. I wanna see how it compares

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Nov 25 2006, 08:35 PM) *
I still wanna play Resistance since it is suppose to be the best game for PS3 so far. I wanna see how it compares

Resistance is really fun.  The campaign is good, but the ending sucks (like most console shooters these days).  Multiplayer is really frantic and addicting.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 13 2006, 05:52 PM) View Post

Sorry.  I guess it filled a niche in the console arena, but me and several friends were pretty underwhelmed.  I don't want to get in to here though.

Question is do you like ANY console FPS?  I enjoy playing FPS on the PC, and before halo hated FPS on consoles.  Halo was just so much more different then any FPS i'd played on the PC.  And it was the first FPS on a console where i prefered using a controller over the K&M.

Some people just 'got' halo, while others did not.

Lethal_NFS

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »

Resistance is incredible!  If you can endure the first hour of the game then your good to go.  After about an hour right about the time those bugs infect you and your squad is when the story and the game takes off.  I give this game a 9.5/10 in my book.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(jaygould30 @ Nov 13 2006, 03:51 PM) View Post

On topic...do you think stores will start putting Resistance in the system to Demo? I'd like to see how this game feels and looks.

I would like to say no since it's rated M, but that didn't stop them from displaying condemned: crimnal origins.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

I just beat resistance and I have to say it is a very solid game. The only thing that bugs me is it has crappy textures and no color. Trees aren't really green there this kind of green gray.

As far as gameplay goes it is fun as hell. The weapons are very cool and I like the artwork on the aliens. It is also very long.

The multiplayer I can't really enjoy because nobody talks to anybody, it sucks. Deathmatch is okay but has to many people and is just a spawn kill fest.

This post has been edited by mlmadmax: Dec 15 2006, 12:20 AM

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »

I'm officially bored of Resistance online now.  I've made it as far as a colonel with 3 pips, but the spawn-behind-someone-and-kill-them-only-to-have-someone-spawn-behind-you-and-kill-you has finally gotten to me; I'm sick of it.  Looks like my PS3 will be sitting dormant on the shelf until something worthwhile comes along.

On a side note - I rented Gears a few days ago, and while I despise the online play and the repetitive hide, shoot, hide, shoot gameplay, that game is absolutely gorgeous.  It makes Resistance look like a PS2 game; there's no comparison.  Kudos to Epic for crafting such an awesome game engine.

*sigh* these console games just don't appeal to me anymore - we need a real hack for the 360 to make things interesting like they are for the xbox1.
Pages: 1 2 [3]