xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Resistance Info  (Read 235 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
New Resistance Info
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Oct 24 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post

Sony uses "creative PR",
People in Sonys pocket are forced to get in line... and use "creative PR".

its also known as lying... but hell.. who cares if sony sell a few BR drives based on it.

I tend to care, particularly when Sony's creative PR ushers in their tech as a new standard that gets shoved down my throat if I want to watch my movies, listen to my music, or play my games.

for instance: If I want to watch Ultraviolet in HD, I have to buy a Blu-Ray player whether I like it or not. If Sony's PR pushes the tech to the point where it's the only standard then I wont be able to watch ANY movies in HD unless I buy a Blu-Ray player.

Similarly if I want to play the next Final Fantasy game I'll have to buy a Sony console.

It's one thing if they're honest about their specs and abilities and the market place still picks them as the next standard, it's another thing when the marketplace picks them as the next standard based on false pretenses.

m_hael

• Archived User
New Resistance Info
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

my comments were meant to be faceious & sarcastic.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
New Resistance Info
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 24 2006, 09:23 AM) View Post

I tend to care, particularly when Sony's creative PR ushers in their tech as a new standard that gets shoved down my throat if I want to watch my movies, listen to my music, or play my games.

for instance: If I want to watch Ultraviolet in HD, I have to buy a Blu-Ray player whether I like it or not. If Sony's PR pushes the tech to the point where it's the only standard then I wont be able to watch ANY movies in HD unless I buy a Blu-Ray player.

Similarly if I want to play the next Final Fantasy game I'll have to buy a Sony console.

It's one thing if they're honest about their specs and abilities and the market place still picks them as the next standard, it's another thing when the marketplace picks them as the next standard based on false pretenses.

beerchug.gif

This is exactly why that most people really need to wait it through the HD movie "war"

With Blu-ray and HD-DVD at each others throats, consumers are forced to pick sides with one instead of a simple pick and choose. This struggle right now DOES NOT benefit the consumers. I'm going to wait until either one falls and THEN i will decide. From everything i can see so far, it looks like HD-DVD is going to do better (price point, selection, quality of image), but never be sure.

throwingks

• Archived User
New Resistance Info
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

^
I am predicting combo units and/or combo discs. There isn't going to be a clear cut winner.

DragoNs

• Recovered User
New Resistance Info
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Oct 24 2006, 06:04 PM) View Post

^
I am predicting combo units and/or combo discs. There isn't going to be a clear cut winner.

I cant remember which company it was, but didnt a company just recently say they are making a disc that will playback in both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players and on the otherside of the disc it will have regular dvd quality of the movie?

Mr Invader

• Archived User
New Resistance Info
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Oct 24 2006, 05:16 PM) View Post

I cant remember which company it was, but didnt a company just recently say they are making a disc that will playback in both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players and on the otherside of the disc it will have regular dvd quality of the movie?

idk about a disc. But i know that there will be a player (or at least a chip for a computer) coming out soon that will be able to play both HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs.

And from what i've  heard, the HD-DVD discs on the other side could play SD DVD as long as it played on a HD-DVD player. I'm not positive about that, but i assume it wouldn't be impossible and it would be another reason to go with HD-DVD.

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Resistance Info
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Oct 24 2006, 06:16 PM) View Post

i believe your thinking of the chip being developed by NEC

throwingks

• Archived User
New Resistance Info
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

There is a chip developed by NEC already, and an optical drive developed by Ricoh.

As far as I know about the hybrid disc it is only a theory right now.
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:iJY5N7...t=clnk&cd=3
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entert...sier-203744.php

Here is a Panasonic/Sony hybrid player rumor:
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entert...year-204039.php

This post has been edited by throwingks: Oct 25 2006, 01:46 AM
Pages: 1 [2]