xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ps3 Region Free Gaming  (Read 428 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« on: October 24, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

http://ps3.ign.com/a...7/697656p1.html
Every game will be region-free. Doesn't that encourage imports? Why would Sony go through the trouble of prosecuting Lik-Sang? That is hypocritical. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Play-Asia watch your back. Sony may use you to get their name in the news also.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

Well... not only did Sony bring a lawsuit against Lik-Sang they SHUT THEM DOWN COMPLETELY

http://www.lik-sang....s.php?artc=3901

It's undeniable now: Sony is a douchebag.

Furthermore, Sony have failed to disclose to the London High Court that not only the world wide gaming community in more than 100 countries relied on Lik-Sang for their gaming needs, but also Sony Europe's very own top directors repeatedly got their Sony PSP hard or software imports in nicely packed Lik-Sang parcels with free Lik-Sang Mugs or Lik-Sang Badge Holders, starting just two days after Japan's official release, as early as 14th of December 2004 (more than nine months earlier than the legal action). The list of PSP related Sony Europe orders reads like the who's who of the videogames industry, and includes Ray Maguire (Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Alan Duncan (UK Marketing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Chris Sorrell (Creative Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Rob Parkin (Development Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited), just to name a few.

Deftech

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

grr.gif

thax

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

Wow, read the comments on Eurogamer. http://www.eurogamer.net/article_discussio...rticle_id=69068

Even though Sony has been screwing Europe in every way possible, the loyalty to the PS3 remained somewhat high, I guess this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Deftech

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

lol, some of those comments are classic  jester.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

Fuck sony. Im fed up with this shit.

shutting down lik-sang is absolutly rediculous, i wonder what the fanboys have to say about this.

im acctually angry about this. Think ill go and play soccer with my PS2.

Deftech

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

Dont just talk about hating them, vote with your wallets and stop supporting the evil bastards.

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Oct 24 2006, 11:40 AM) View Post

Fuck sony. Im fed up with this shit.

shutting down lik-sang is absolutly rediculous, i wonder what the fanboys have to say about this.

im acctually angry about this. Think ill go and play soccer with my PS2.

As a sony fan, ill just say rofl lik-sang got pooned and got what they deserved for getting theirself into this lawsuit anyways.

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 24 2006, 11:57 AM)

Dont just talk about hating them, vote with your wallets and stop supporting the evil bastards.

Yeah please dont buy any ps3's more for the sony fans.

Pheidias

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

This is kinda fucked up, don't know why lik-sang is shutting down though. Psp sales couldn't have been all the lived on, and I don't even see why anyone would import japanese psp anyways, according to lik-sangs homepage the psp is region free or is that only the japanese version and that is why they lived on psp sales?

But as the way the online import community is taking this I say Sony fucked up good.

This post has been edited by Pheidias: Oct 24 2006, 06:06 PM

redwolf

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

just like EA...people will hate them (Sony) but at the end will still buy their crap. So Sony WILL be in good business for looooong time.  rolleyes.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Oct 24 2006, 12:29 PM) View Post

As a sony fan, ill just say rofl lik-sang got pooned and got what they deserved for getting theirself into this lawsuit anyways.
I am not saying lik-sang didn't do anything wrong. But, how is this in any way a good business move for Sony?
Ha. If only it worked that way. No consoles being sold the less demands there are for games. You wouldn't like it very much if people stopped buying Sony products.

grim_d

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Oct 24 2006, 05:29 PM) View Post

I hope your PS3 overheats and explodes so that you cant play crash-bandicoot racing anymore.

laugh.gif

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Oct 24 2006, 01:03 PM) View Post

I hope your PS3 overheats and explodes so that you cant play crash-bandicoot racing anymore.

laugh.gif

Ahhh man.... idk what i would do without crash bandicoot.... that would be a tough loss.  jester.gif

Pheidias

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

I gotta agree abit with the sony statment that is out now though. Seems abit strange to go out of business cos of lawsuits if you didn't pay nor invest any money in it. And the "classical" investigatory purposes quote is  jester.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
Ps3 Region Free Gaming
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Oct 24 2006, 06:06 PM) View Post

Ahhh man.... idk what i would do without crash bandicoot.... that would be a tough loss.  jester.gif

im glad you differ from the fanboys and can take a joke beerchug.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3