xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mgs4: Guns Of The Patriots  (Read 211 times)

m_hael

• Archived User
Mgs4: Guns Of The Patriots
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

NGC was PLII or stereo.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »

I think wii only will be PL II.
http://investor.dolb...eleaseID=211978

Incognegro: where is the cell god quote from?

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

The Wii supports Dolby Prologic II. But it does not support Dolby digital 5.1

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »

PLII is still surround sound. Also My NGC is moded for Toslink Optical  biggrin.gif

really it's more a matter of how availble it is in the games being made. while PL was supported with the PS2 it seemed fairly absent. IIRC it's a requirement for the 360 and I suspect the supported forms of surround sound will be used widly on both the Wii and the PS3.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »

I don't really get how they do PL II, since the PL is about making a 2 channel source aka stereo into multi channel. How you do that and get it without using a amp that does the work I have no clue. But I guess there is amps out there that can recognize the fact that the stereo has been PL II enhanced and then doesn't apply it's own PL II. But mine doesn't and not one that I owned or any friends have does. But I guess some of the game souround systems do like all the ones logitech sell, those systems that that don't acctually have it's own amp, but the amp is in the sub.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 01:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Oct 17 2006, 12:51 AM) View Post

I don't really get how they do PL II, since the PL is about making a 2 channel source aka stereo into multi channel. How you do that and get it without using a amp that does the work I have no clue. But I guess there is amps out there that can recognize the fact that the stereo has been PL II enhanced and then doesn't apply it's own PL II. But mine doesn't and not one that I owned or any friends have does. But I guess some of the game souround systems do like all the ones logitech sell, those systems that that don't acctually have it's own amp, but the amp is in the sub.

Don't have too much experience with PLII titles, but I did enjoy the implementation on SOCOM 2 for the PS2.
http://www.dolby.com...rologic_II.html

@twisted,
Not sure if your response was to me or the others. Yes, it is surround sound, but using matrixed channels as opposed to discrete.  Again, my limited PLII experience found it to work pretty well.

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Oct 16 2006, 11:05 AM) View Post

I think wii only will be PL II.
http://investor.dolb...eleaseID=211978

Incognegro: where is the cell god quote from?

Not sure, but he works in conjuction with the Overclocked Jesus

You can tell how old that article as those "crazy" clock speeds can be hit pretty easily with today's processors.
Pages: 1 [2]