xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ok Rfom Is Really Making Me Jealous...  (Read 290 times)

Boydster

• Archived User
Ok Rfom Is Really Making Me Jealous...
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

That game is really looking great right about now. Sadly it's only on the PS3...

The two things that get me most excited are the ranking system (a la Halo 2) and the Onslaught knockoff (a la UT2004). I know, they know, and everyone else knows that ranking system was a big part of why Halo 2 was so damn addicting. Never do I get so upset about losing a game than in Halo 2 matchmaking. Wise move of them to incorporate that into it. And then the Onslaught mode, taken from UT2004, another awesome feature that has consumed so many dear hours of my life.

Now I'm not usually one to support the PS3, but this game looks badass. This currently is the ONLY game for the PS3 that really makes me want to have one. Ohh I sure do feel like crying; I know I'll never come around to buying the PS3 for one game.

I guess there really isn't any point to this topic, just something I had to get off of my chest I guess.

This post has been edited by Boydster: Sep 28 2006, 05:54 AM

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 01:40:00 AM »

The game looks promising, but i am not convinced yet it is anything special.

nickthegreat

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Boydster @ Sep 28 2006, 05:23 AM) *

That game is really looking great right about now. Sadly it's only on the PS3...

The two things that get me most excited are the ranking system (a la Halo 2) and the Onslaught knockoff (a la UT2004). I know, they know, and everyone else knows that ranking system was a big part of why Halo 2 was so damn addicting. Never do I get so upset about losing a game than in Halo 2 matchmaking. Wise move of them to incorporate that into it. And then the Onslaught mode, taken from UT2004, another awesome feature that has consumed so many dear hours of my life.

Now I'm not usually one to support the PS3, but this game looks badass. This currently is the ONLY game for the PS3 that really makes me want to have one. Ohh I sure do feel like crying; I know I'll never come around to buying the PS3 for one game.

I guess there really isn't any point to this topic, just something I had to get off of my chest I guess.

yeah i know what you mean, it does look nice - but then i went back and watched BIA:HH, COD3 & bioshock and realised that graphically at least, it was nothing special (it was only the number of enemies on screen and the way the game looked in motion that impressed me) - don't get me wrong, it looks V nice, but so do its rivals.

This post has been edited by nickthegreat: Sep 28 2006, 12:06 PM

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:51:00 AM »

Im convinced its something its special....i really think the bungie guys have something to worry about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

This post has been edited by incognegro: Sep 28 2006, 01:52 PM

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 28 2006, 08:22 AM) View Post

Im convinced its something its special....i really think the bungie guys have something to worry about. blink.gif

trust me there is nothing that will top halo 3.  not saying that any other FPS coming out wouldnt be better, but the fanbase for halo 3 is just so large its sick.  

ill go so far to say that companies would be smart not to release their titles around the same time as halo 3, there is a very good chance it would overshadow them much like halo 2 did.  

besides with how far and away halo 3 is, there is plenty to improve/change if the bar is raised.

i would say the closest competition halo 3 has is killzone 2 but history may repeat itself with that one as well

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Sep 28 2006, 02:38 PM) View Post

trust me there is nothing that will top halo 3.  not saying that any other FPS coming out wouldnt be better, but the fanbase for halo 3 is just so large its sick.  

ill go so far to say that companies would be smart not to release their titles around the same time as halo 3, there is a very good chance it would overshadow them much like halo 2 did.  

besides with how far and away halo 3 is, there is plenty to improve/change if the bar is raised.

i would say the closest competition halo 3 has is killzone 2 but history may repeat itself with that one as well

No dude, KILLZONE 19 can't compare to halo 2 or even 1.

Im just saying this game is actually being done a by a really good dev team. It looks and sound impressive.

If forza can whoop GT's azz then Resistance can possibly do the same

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 28 2006, 12:21 PM) View Post

No dude, KILLZONE 19 can't compare to halo 2 or even 1.

Im just saying this game is actually being done a by a really good dev team. It looks and sound impressive.

If forza can whoop GT's azz then Resistance can possibly do the same

i never said it cant be better...

trust me there is nothing that will top halo 3. not saying that any other FPS coming out wouldnt be better, but the fanbase for halo 3 is just so large its sick.

but i dont see it giving halo a run for its money with either popularity or sales.

Boydster

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

It's probably more of a "I know I can't have it so that makes me want to have it even more" type of thing.

That's what I'm feeling right now, but I know I'm in the right boat with Microsoft. If I were to have a Playstation 3 only, I'd be feeling the same way about Mass Effect(!!!), Halo 3, Gears of War, Fuzion Frenzy 2, and Forza 2. MS>Sony in this department, at least IMHO.

And then we have Splinter Cell 5 and Banjo Kazooie. MGS4 can suck my balls, looks shittier every time I see it.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Sep 28 2006, 06:36 PM) View Post

i never said it cant be better...

but i dont see it giving halo a run for its money with either popularity or sales.

Fair enough....

MUTHAXXXXIN' BANJO blink.gif  biggrin.gif

But still no Killer Instinct.... sad.gif

well I guess X07 then ph34r.gif

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »

I think that Resistence will be a grreat game still. But i know that it wont compete with halo 3

Let me explain

The jump from halo 1 to halo 2 was major. Halo 2 had new vehicles, new features for the older vehicles, it had new weapons, it had dual weilding and better balancing for the weapons, better multiplayer maps, more interaction in the multiplayer maps, it had deeper customization for characters for multiplayer, better ally AI, better enemy AI, way better graphics, and it had supreme online play, and better physics engine. *gasps for breath*

Halo 1 and Halo 2 were on the same console. But now that Halo 3 is on a next gen system, bungie can make things happen that will blow your mind. I beleive that the gap from halo 2 to halo 3 will be spectacular and that the features, gameplay, and graphics will top those of resistence fall of man.

Resistence fall of man still looks good though, the same way that perfect dark zero looked after playing call of duty 2. Its different and its okay to change to it after playing the other for a while, but everyone knows that call of duty 2 was better.

Anyone else get me?

calderra

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 06:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Sep 30 2006, 01:02 AM) *

Anyone else get me?

Historically, I can shorten your whole argument:
Killzone.

Sony push a shooter that looks incredible but might do nothing when it actually ships? Say it ain't so! If no one remembers, Killzone was looking to break sales records in its first 24 hours due to all the hype. The next day, you couldn't GIVE the game away. Word-of-mouth travelled fast on that one.

I hope Resistance will be a good game, but looking good and BEING good are two vastly different things.

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

RFOM isn't killzone though... and sony may be hyping it some but the media is doing it more so.  Unlike Killzone there is already plenty of Resistance gameplay footage everywhere, and it's clear the gameplay is already VERY solid.  The weapons look like the primary attraction, not surprising from the loopy minds of the creators from Jak and Daxter.

The questions are:

- will the story mode hold your interest, interesting boss battles etc, how repetative etc.
- will 40 player multiplayer actually work over the net (ie. will there be enough servers)

Personally I can't wait to see how it reviews (no way i'm trying to fight for a unit at launch), i expect it to be in the low 9s or better.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

rfom came out just a little too soon.

if they waited a little longer they could have intergrated havok 4.0 into the game (which is what halo 3 is doing most likely)

just search for havok 4.0 demo on youtube if you want to see awesomeness

edit:
two of the games announced to be using the Havok engine are Halo 3 and the Sonic series.
http://www.qj.net/Showing-off-Havok-4-0-Ph...pg/49/aid/64305

This post has been edited by Mr Invader: Oct 2 2006, 11:43 PM