xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Here Is What Mgs4 Really Looks Likes Right Now  (Read 659 times)

incognegro

• Archived User
Here Is What Mgs4 Really Looks Likes Right Now
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 03:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(thax @ Sep 29 2006, 02:31 AM) View Post

Huxley looks like ass, well a shiny plastic looking ass with bad object modeling.

I dont know what ur talking bout but here is what im talking about.....huxley
Now thats one pretty ass! blink.gif  biggrin.gif  ph34r.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 28 2006, 08:14 PM) View Post

Im tired of ppl comparing this game to GOW.........heres a better comparison.........HUXLEY HAS ALWAYS LOOKED BETTER THAN MGS4.

No MGS trailer has looked better than huxley to me. Ya'll need to stop sleeping on huxley. That game kicks!

biggrin.gif  ph34r.gif

i think people are comparing GoW to MGS4 because not too long ago they were considered the top graphical showcase titles for each system.  i know that they are entirely different art directions and style of games but still, texture detail, environments, particle effects, lighting, etc. can be compared.

calderra

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(thax @ Sep 28 2006, 04:13 PM) View Post

I agree, you can't see how the environment destructs, particle effects, movement physics, lighting and shadow effects very easily without fmv.

Well, if you watch the "gameplay" videos, you'll see that MGS apparently doesn't HAVE any of these, so that won't be a problem.
 laugh.gif

CoD2 did graphics not unlike these MGS screens... with 16 players (on system link anyway) while implementing smoke grenades without lag (again, I'm talking system link- their online did have some issues independant of the core game itself). Or refer to singleplayer, with dozens of nazis, tanks, explosions, AND smoke all going at once. MGS really isn't topping first-gen Xbox 360 games at all when you consider it's built as a singleplayer game primarily focused on small encounters- it should squash comparisons just on that.

But when you compare Gears of War to the latest MGS stuff, it's not even the same ballpark. Gears of War has MUCH more detailed EVERYTHING, more action going on at once, over-the-top blood effects, multiplayer gameplay that's proven to work with minimal slowdown...

As for what MGS is "lacking", I'll help you pin it down:
-Polygons in architecture. Like Half-Life 2, every builing in MGS is a comepletely rectangular box with textures on it.
-Textures. Too much of MGS is composed of flat colors on walls, or Snake's non-textured latex-looking suit, which is mostly a surface normal mapping. It's not much of an advancement over Spliter Cell: Chaos Theory on Xbox. Same technology from the ground up.
-Mood. There's absolutely no mood in these shots. No grit, no dirt- it's as clean as a hospital.
-Character count combined with above. When there's only 1-3 characters onscreen at once, you don't get much visual impact.

First image on Google I grabbed of Splinter Cell:
http://www.robertflo..._screenshot.jpg
The resolution is much lower, but look at all the STUFF going on here. Shadowing, architecture, mood, etc. There's emotional impact there.

And look at the suit:
http://www.h-online....os-theory-4.jpg
Except for the resolution, there's basically just as much detail.

thax

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »

Well I took a look at the FMV, it looks pretty good. The dust effects are good, but the smoke effects evaporate too quickly. Particle effect use is minimal, and there is no debris or garbage laying around. I did notice the weakness in the poly counts on the buildings, with too much reliance on textures. I didn't see much in terms of destructable environment. The character movement was mostly okay.

Overall the game look next gen and I would say it looks good to very good.

I guess the thing that really turned me off is that it looked boring to play. With gears of war there is something epic going on, lots of actions, it is intense. I almost fell asleep watching the MGS4 ingame footage trailer.  Even Huxley was way more exciting, and I have always thought Huxley was pretty cheesy.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 29 2006, 05:05 AM) View Post

dang i want this game

whens the release date>?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Oct 1 2006, 08:57 PM) View Post

dang i want this game

whens the release date>?

lol, the same time as War Devil, Dark Sector and others that keep eluding us  uhh.gif

I'd be all over Huxley if it wasnt a MMOFPS. Im assuming there will be a monthly fee so count me out. I wont play it enough to make it worth the initial price a monthly fee, waaaaaay 2 many other games to play. This was in my top 5 until I heard it was a MMO type sad.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 2 2006, 04:04 AM) View Post

lol, the same time as War Devil, Dark Sector and others that keep eluding us  uhh.gif

I'd be all over Huxley if it wasnt a MMOFPS. Im assuming there will be a monthly fee so count me out. I wont play it enough to make it worth the initial price a monthly fee, waaaaaay 2 many other games to play. This was in my top 5 until I heard it was a MMO type sad.gif

yea damn....I totally forgot about the fee blink.gif

Man, I got give this game more thought........but it just look so good  huh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Oct 2 2006, 10:15 AM) View Post

yea damn....I totally forgot about the fee blink.gif

Man, I got give this game more thought........but it just look so good  huh.gif

dont get me wrong bro, its effing beautiful  pop.gif

My younger cousin can talk his best friend into getting any game, thats how he tries them out, lol. I'll tell him to use those tactics with this game so I can atleast see it in motion, in person. It looks 2 good 2 never see.

If the fee is small like 5.00 or something, one can always hope.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 29 2006, 06:05 AM) View Post
Keyra Augustina quality right there. IPB Image

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 1 2006, 10:04 PM) View Post

actually i heard it wasn't as much as an MMOFPS than people think. I heard that this game consisted of 100 vs 100 people but it wasn't liek everquest where there are literally 1000s of people on servers.

im not sure where i heard this but i thought i would speak up

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Oct 2 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post

actually i heard it wasn't as much as an MMOFPS than people think. I heard that this game consisted of 100 vs 100 people but it wasn't liek everquest where there are literally 1000s of people on servers.

im not sure where i heard this but i thought i would speak up

U heard wrong.......its thousands of ppl in the city (server) and u pick ur won battles........u choose how much ppl u fight against. U meet thousands of ppl on the server but ur limited to how much battle to engage war with.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Oct 2 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

U heard wrong.......its thousands of ppl in the city (server) and u pick ur won battles........u choose how much ppl u fight against. U meet thousands of ppl on the server but ur limited to how much battle to engage war with.

yeah that makes more sense

i still really realll dont want to have to pay for it(monthly fees), or if i do then it could be through the marketplace with M$ points
Pages: 1 [2]