xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Oblivion On Ps3?  (Read 153 times)

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

It's time to overanalyze! Even though the chances have ramped up to about 84% on Oblivion being an unannounced PS3 launch title, there's still a little possibility that it's something else entirely. Where did that percentage come from? The abyss of percentage creation. Now then, when we leaked the news of a super secret PS3 title, the only real clues we had to go by were "five words", "that you've not heard of," and "won't hear about" until the Official Playstation Magazine's November issue. A lot of sources are reporting the leak of Oblivion being a launch title. From the clues given to us, how many of the criteria does it meet? Well, we've heard of the game before. We're hearing about it now, and this certainly isn't November. Five words... well, unless roman numerals and numbers are now counted as words... no. The last part is very technical and we could argue circles around it, but for the sake of argument, let's not count numbers as words unless they are explicitly spelled out. Thus: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion does not meet any of the criteria in this overanalytical, technical evaluation.

If this hypothesis rings true, what could it spell? Two more launch titles, really. We've gathered enough info to call Oblivion a launch title, but is it the launch title? Rumors are rumors, and this is only speculation until November, but why would Sony care so much about keeping a game secret that is not only popular, but has been released for several months on PC and XBox360? Exclusivity? That's hardly reason enough. Sony systems hardly ever cater to an RPG market aside from the JRPG side, so why would they hide something they usually don't care much for? Even though many will disagree, let's keep the guessing game going -- should Oblivion not be the secret title, what else could it be?

All i have to say is that it better not come to the ps3

That would be gay. I guess we'll see in the next PSM. Please someone post what the secret launch game is when/if they get PSM so we know whether the rumors are true

incognegro

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

I could care less if it does come to ps3.....I finished it already  blink.gif

redwolf

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

didn't know the game was "exclusive"  unsure.gif anyways game made a lot of $$$$ on X360, so for the developers/publishers point, it'll be stupid for them to not make it for PS3 or Wii

Deftech

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

theyd have to butcher it so it could run on the wii.

who cares if it comes to ps3, its not like it could hurt 360 Oblivion sales at this point.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

its a proven success on the 360 so its no big deal.

all i have to say is that i wonder how the loading will be on the ps3 version  ph34r.gif

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

Well okay

We've established that it most likely won't come to the PS3 and even if it does then no one will care.

Any ideas on what the "SECRET" ps3 launch title will be?

incognegro

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Sep 19 2006, 11:12 PM) View Post

Well okay

We've established that it most likely won't come to the PS3 and even if it does then no one will care.

Any ideas on what the "SECRET" ps3 launch title will be?

KILLZONE! ph34r.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

secret title?

Ken Kutaragis "How to make a Grill play Blu Ray dvds and dispense softdrinks at the same time!" game will be hitting shelves in Europe when the system launches there in 2011 smile.gif

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 19 2006, 05:27 PM) View Post

KILLZONE! ph34r.gif

yeah i have heard of killzone coming to the ps3

but i heard that the it will be killzone 3 and killzone 2 will come out on the PS2 around the same time

thats dumb though uhh.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Sep 19 2006, 09:25 PM) View Post

yeah i have heard of killzone coming to the ps3

but i heard that the it will be killzone 3 and killzone 2 will come out on the PS2 around the same time

thats dumb though uhh.gif

thats been cleared up a long time ago.  the next killzone is coming to the ps3

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

why can't it be 5 words?

"Oblivion is coming to Sony."
or
"Oblivion is launching with PS3."
or
"Sony is getting Elder Scrolls"
or maybe just
"The Elder Scrolls four Oblivion"

I could probably go on if I thought about it saying it's not oblivion because they can't figure out how to say it in 5 words is just stupid.

I hope it does come to the PS3... then we'd have a great title with which to compare graphical capabilities. After all Oblivion was one of the best comparison tools between PC and Xbox 360.

other secret titles... gee I don't know... maybe that's why it's a secret  laugh.gif

... or maybe... maybe it's something by... Tomonobu Itagaki...

/me ducks for cover.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Sep 20 2006, 10:12 AM) View Post

I hope it does come to the PS3... then we'd have a great title with which to compare graphical capabilities. After all Oblivion was one of the best comparison tools between PC and Xbox 360.

i dont think that would really be accurate.  given the extra development time, it could/should look or at least run better.  just look at FNR3, with the extra time, they improved a lot with the ps3 version.  i dont believe for a second that any graphical enhancements are because of the move to the ps3 but instead because of the extra development time.  oblivion on the PC vs 360 was accurate because they were released at the same time, this is different story.

we'll have plenty of titles to compare this winter:

CoD3, sonic, all sports games, rainbow six vegas, and more.

gasclown

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 01:20:00 AM »

Its not oblivion... an insider told me its actually an excluvive ps3 version of a classic jap arcade hit titled:  Bunny Puncher HD: Sun Surgery Reunited... Cant wait. on the disk you get all the HiDef loading screens. after that all you gotta micropay for is the levels, character models and textures. Cant wait!

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(gasclown @ Sep 22 2006, 02:27 AM) View Post

Its not oblivion... an insider told me its actually an excluvive ps3 version of a classic jap arcade hit titled:  Bunny Puncher HD: Sun Surgery Reunited... Cant wait. on the disk you get all the HiDef loading screens. after that all you gotta micropay for is the levels, character models and textures. Cant wait!

... I hope you're kidding..........

Please tell me you're joking

please

incognegro

• Archived User
Oblivion On Ps3?
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

Ninja Gaiden sigma?