xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ps3 Games List  (Read 365 times)

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« on: August 17, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »

I'm going to be gone for about a month or maybe longer so I may not be able to update the list as the news comes in. (after the 22nd)

Launch
F.E.A.R
Angels Blaze
Armored Core 4 (JP)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Confirmed
The Outsider
Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight
NBA Live 07
Madden NFL 07
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Formula One 06
Unreal Tournament 2007
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Elveon
Spider-Man 3
Haze
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Brother's In Arms: Hells Highway
Golden Axe
The Darkness
Rainbow Six Vegas
Alone In the Dark
Stranglehold
Eight Days
BioShock
Scarface: The World is Yours
Lair
The Eye of Judgement
Afrika
Coded Arms: Assault
Resident Evil 5
Genji 2
Half Life 2
Virtua Fighter 5
Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Soul Calibur 4
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Warhawk
Grand Theft Auto IV
Monster Hunter
Fatal Inertia
Heavenly Sword
Need For Speed Carbon
Call of Duty III
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Sonic
Theseis
Colin McRae Rally
Full Auto 2
Assassin's Creed
Army of Two
Resistance: Fall of Man
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
Virtua Tennis 3
Tekken 6
Ridge Racer 7
MotorStorm

incognegro

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

Cancelled Games

Um thesis isn't coming to ps3 and check this list for anymore inaccuracies.......cause im lazy tongue.gif

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:12:00 PM »

uh oh.  My post isnt editable anymore.  Only a handful of those titles were in my list anyways.  Hmm, I was reading further into the comments and it seems that some users have found, that some games weren't even confirmed for the PS3.

Sc4rfac3

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

all the games that i want on that list are coming out for x360
so i'm getting them for x360 only game i really really want for ps3 is mgs4

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

personally I'm even more excited now that I've seen the entire list and what's coming out for it.  Soul Cali, Tekken and Gran Turismo, and MGS4 are a given for me, but I'm excited about UT2007, Half Life 2 and FEAR making it.  I hear that you're supposed to be able to hook up a keyboard and mouse to the PS3 and use that as your control scheme.  It's what I've always wanted in console FPS's and the main reason why I stay away from them due to lack of.

incognegro

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 06:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Aug 18 2006, 12:25 AM) View Post

personally I'm even more excited now that I've seen the entire list and what's coming out for it.  Soul Cali, Tekken and Gran Turismo, and MGS4 are a given for me, but I'm excited about UT2007, Half Life 2 and FEAR making it.  I hear that you're supposed to be able to hook up a keyboard and mouse to the PS3 and use that as your control scheme.  It's what I've always wanted in console FPS's and the main reason why I stay away from them due to lack of.

Then why play console fps's? I mean you can do that on the pc. Oh well I can't play with a keyboard and mouse because of this condition I have in my wrists (hell I use the on screen keyboard in windows to type!). Anyways I can hold my own against any fps player using kb+mouse. Im wicked with the controller! biggrin.gif

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

1.5ghz Athlon XP
512MB RAM
32MB Geforce 2 MX 200

thats why

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 01:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Aug 18 2006, 09:30 PM) View Post

1.5ghz Athlon XP
512MB RAM
32MB Geforce 2 MX 200

thats why

And?

How much PC hardware could you buy for the cost of a PS3? Honestly, if you can only get along with a KB & Mouse when playing FPS, then stick with a PC. I wouldn't assume anything about using them for gameplay on the consoles.

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Aug 19 2006, 09:03 AM) View Post

And?

How much PC hardware could you buy for the cost of a PS3? Honestly, if you can only get along with a KB & Mouse when playing FPS, then stick with a PC. I wouldn't assume anything about using them for gameplay on the consoles.

didn't you read my earlier post? I'm not all about the console FPS.  In fact, it's not even on the higher priority list when I go shop for a game.  But still I like UT2k7 and Half-Life and if its available on PS3 I'll get it for PS3.  If it's on PC I won't.  The only game I'm playing on PC at the moment is WoW anyways.  What's the point in spending 600+ for a gaming PC when I can get a console that will offer me a more variety list of games that I know I'll enjoy (w/o having to worry about sys requirements and all that junk).  The only other PC game I'm interested in is Battle for Middle Earth II and thats on 360.

I build my own PC's and if I don't go all out on them then I don't at all.  Thats the way I am.  That kind of system is going to cost even more than the PS3 considering I need all new parts, as this comp I'm posting from (my own) is a 600MHZ Pentium (2 or 3 i forgot) 8GB HD, 256MB Ram, Nvidia Vanta 8MB.  The monitor I'm using also has faulty wires and discolors if its not in the right position.  So not only I need a new system, I need a new monitor too and I plan on buying an HDtv to cover that.  Besides, all I would be using it for, would be WoW, and videos.  Those alone does not justify 1000+.  I'd rather put a better video card on the Athlon just for WoW than get a whole new system.  So you see, a PC is out of the question.  

A PS3 on the other hand is only 600 bucks.  I already have a 27" 480i capable tv and all I would need to buy are games.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Aug 19 2006, 03:55 PM) View Post

didn't you read my earlier post? I'm not all about the console FPS.  In fact, it's not even on the higher priority list when I go shop for a game.  But still I like UT2k7 and Half-Life and if its available on PS3 I'll get it for PS3.  If it's on PC I won't.  The only game I'm playing on PC at the moment is WoW anyways.  What's the point in spending 600+ for a gaming PC when I can get a console that will offer me a more variety list of games that I know I'll enjoy (w/o having to worry about sys requirements and all that junk).  The only other PC game I'm interested in is Battle for Middle Earth II and thats on 360.

I build my own PC's and if I don't go all out on them then I don't at all.  Thats the way I am.  That kind of system is going to cost even more than the PS3 considering I need all new parts, as this comp I'm posting from (my own) is a 600MHZ Pentium (2 or 3 i forgot) 8GB HD, 256MB Ram, Nvidia Vanta 8MB.  The monitor I'm using also has faulty wires and discolors if its not in the right position.  So not only I need a new system, I need a new monitor too and I plan on buying an HDtv to cover that.  Besides, all I would be using it for, would be WoW, and videos.  Those alone does not justify 1000+.  I'd rather put a better video card on the Athlon just for WoW than get a whole new system.  So you see, a PC is out of the question.  

A PS3 on the other hand is only 600 bucks.  I already have a 27" 480i capable tv and all I would need to buy are games.

Well I used to build PCs too - I think you're over-quoting on costs somewhat. Either way, it looks more like you'd hold out for a PS3 anyway. I like the way you say it's 'only' 600 bucks. Personally, using the money on PC components would be better spent (taking that the PS3 is a huge gamble on Sony's side) but again that's your choice.

I would reiterate that expecting the games to support keyboard and mouse would not only be a tad foolish, but unrealistic. I didn't think I'd ever make the move from keyboard and mouse for FPSs, but was surprised as to how easy it really was. As for RPGs, Oblivion is far easier to control on the '360!

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Aug 17 2006, 01:50 PM) View Post

Cancelled Games

Um thesis isn't coming to ps3 and check this list for anymore inaccuracies.......cause im lazy tongue.gif

umm... didnt the company making Thesis come back and tell everyone that the rumors of it not coming out to PS3 was bullshit?

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

Well I used to build PCs too - I think you're over-quoting on costs somewhat.

No I'm not.  As I said I need just the right parts if I'm gonna get one.  No BS cheap parts that get outdated in a year or so.  300 for a monitor (LCD), about 200-300 for mobo+cpu, and 150-200 for a video card that wouldn't get outdated in a year, as well as 80 for RAM, and 30-50 for the case, oh, lets not forget that I need a whole new HDD as I am only running 8gb right now.  I'd spend about 100 for whatevers out there, i'm pretty sure I can get at least 60 for that much.  I'm pretty sick of updating, and then the parts would be terrible for the next year's games and so on until the performance is just so bad I have to put a new gfx card in and adding more ram.

http://www.pricewatc...mp;aid=11426258
http://www.newegg.co...;ATT=20-231-085
http://www.ewiz.com/...AT-P1900GT&c=pw
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822148144
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824001081

and there you have it.  Add in the case bought from a local electronics store, estimated around 50-70 (could be 30 from online, but eh)

I like the way you say it's 'only' 600 bucks. Personally, using the money on PC components would be better spent (taking that the PS3 is a huge gamble on Sony's side) but again that's your choice.

And you didn't read (how you missed this in such a small paragraph boggles the mind) that I only use PC's for World of Warcraft and watching videos.  I know what you're thinking, the PC can do way more than a PS3 can.  But as I said before, I only watch videos and play WoW on it, hardly worth the 1000+ when I can buy a PS3 that will last me 5 years.  I don't see it as a huge gamble because PS1 and PS2 lasted about the same lifecycle.

Web browsing, media (that could be played back on a PS3, PS2 or Xbox) and WoW are not worth it spend 1000 when I can already do that with the other PC with only a minor upgrade in GFX card.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 03:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Aug 20 2006, 07:01 AM) View Post

I know what you're thinking, the PC can do way more than a PS3 can.  But as I said before, I only watch videos and play WoW on it, hardly worth the 1000+ when I can buy a PS3 that will last me 5 years.  I don't see it as a huge gamble because PS1 and PS2 lasted about the same lifecycle.

Web browsing, media (that could be played back on a PS3, PS2 or Xbox) and WoW are not worth it spend 1000 when I can already do that with the other PC with only a minor upgrade in GFX card.

How can you *not* see the PS3 as a gamble? Check the track record for Sonys' backed media: Betamax. UMD-Video. What if you throw the $600 into a PS3 and it doesn't do everything that Sony have 'promised'? (face it, their not exactly reliable on information). Furthermore, what if BluRay/BD-ROM fails to take off? Considering they haven't even started to build the units yet, what if it has massive heating issues?

You seem like an intelligent fellow, yet this doesn't seem a smart thing to do at all. Maybe you are one of the many who will just be buying a PS3 because it's a Sony.

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 06:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Aug 20 2006, 10:18 AM) View Post

How can you *not* see the PS3 as a gamble? Check the track record for Sonys' backed media: Betamax. UMD-Video. What if you throw the $600 into a PS3 and it doesn't do everything that Sony have 'promised'? (face it, their not exactly reliable on information). Furthermore, what if BluRay/BD-ROM fails to take off? Considering they haven't even started to build the units yet, what if it has massive heating issues?

You seem like an intelligent fellow, yet this doesn't seem a smart thing to do at all. Maybe you are one of the many who will just be buying a PS3 because it's a Sony.

there's franchises on PS brand that aren't anywhere else.  

Socom,
Gran Turismo
Tekken
Soul Cali
Final Fantasy (main series)
Devil May Cry
MGS
and many more....

true, I'm listing quite a bit, but I do in fact play those series.

I bought the GC back then when it was a gamble (on launch) and the year following (or was it the year after) it paid off big time when they released Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Starfox Adv, RE, RE-0 all within months of each other.  With the franchises that Sony has under their belt, it will be the same scenario, but on a grander scale spanned over many more years.

I also bought the PSP and DS back when it was a huge gamble, and I ended up selling it.  The problem now is, I know that those systems would eventually deliver, but I sold them anyways, which was a mistake.  I know the PS3 will eventually deliver, so might as well invest in it now and stick with it.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Ps3 Games List
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Aug 20 2006, 08:19 AM) View Post

there's franchises on PS brand that aren't anywhere else.  

Socom,

overrated, i'll take GRAW anyday

Gran Turismo

forza is just as good as GT.

Tekken

i personally prefer DOA to tekken, haven't really enjoyed the series since tekken 4

Soul Cali

http://xbox360.ign.c...739/739577.html
(and also don't forget that soul calibur 2 was on the xbox)

Final Fantasy (main series)

this is a 3rd party game, nothing is locking square to stay with the ps3 if the sales aren't that good.

Devil May Cry

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=539891

MGS

i'm pretty sure the dev's said it would be trivial to port MGS4 over to the 360.
Pages: [1] 2 3