xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where Are The Component Cables  (Read 199 times)

AciDTriP82

• Archived User
Where Are The Component Cables
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »

You can't wait for like a week to get some component cables?

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(AciDTriP82 @ Nov 27 2006, 10:46 AM) View Post

You can't wait for like a week to get some component cables?

Stores will not get them in for three weeks. I have a stack of games that I want to play that will last me until February. Instead of my Wii sitting by my TV collecting dust I figured I would sell it to somebody that might actually play it over the holidays. If I did not have a bunch of games to play I would make my own component cable and play Zelda.

I am not hurting for money so money is not an issue. I am just trying to be nice and let somebody play the system since I will not be for at least a month.

AciDTriP82

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(thepissedoffman @ Nov 27 2006, 12:56 PM) View Post

Stores will not get them in for three weeks. I have a stack of games that I want to play that will last me until February. Instead of my Wii sitting by my TV collecting dust I figured I would sell it to somebody that might actually play it over the holidays. If I did not have a bunch of games to play I would make my own component cable and play Zelda.

I am not hurting for money so money is not an issue. I am just trying to be nice and let somebody play the system since I will not be for at least a month.

Where'd you hear that they wouldn't get them for weeks?  When I picked up my Wii from Best Buy on Sun, multiple employees told me they'd be getting them in on the 5th of Dec.  Manager said the same thing.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

Id like to know how much of a difference it will make going from 480i to 480p. If its a big difference then i will pick them up but im already full on my HDTV with my xbox and xbox 360. I need a receiver with component hookups on it.

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(AciDTriP82 @ Nov 27 2006, 11:13 PM) View Post

Where'd you hear that they wouldn't get them for weeks?  When I picked up my Wii from Best Buy on Sun, multiple employees told me they'd be getting them in on the 5th of Dec.  Manager said the same thing.

You can believe what you want. I for one don't believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a Best Buy employee unless another trusted source backs it up.

On the other hand the EBgames release dates have had the best overall accuracy, in my experience, when it comes to getting release dates correct.

http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=802596

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Nov 27 2006, 11:51 PM) View Post

Id like to know how much of a difference it will make going from 480i to 480p. If its a big difference then i will pick them up but im already full on my HDTV with my xbox and xbox 360. I need a receiver with component hookups on it.

You could do what I did and just hook up more than one system to your component ports using a 1 male --> 2 female y-splitters.

http://www.thetwiste...010 D06517.html

You could screw up your component ports if you have more than one system on at a time on the same port so be careful. That being said it works great for me.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »

Well i will be getting a new receiver soon, but until then i will most likely just disconnect my xbox one.  Do you notice a big difference between 480i and 480p?

AciDTriP82

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »

If you're wondering if you'll notice a big difference between 480i and 480p, just remind yourself of when you first saw DVD movies.  The clarity and higher quality.  That's pretty much what the difference is like.
Pages: 1 [2]