xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp Homebrew  (Read 235 times)

macd69

• Archived User
Psp Homebrew
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:36:00 PM »

Hi, I have a chance to buy a broken PSP, I have had a look at it and it just needs a new screen, so I am probably going to take it, but I have a few questions which someone on here can hopefully answer.  My kids have DS Lites with a cyclo DS, allowing them to play backups, but homebrew is pretty flaky, and from what I have read, the PSP has better emulators, so the PSP has started to interest me mainly due to the homebrew and emulator scene.  So my first question is, if the firmware is 1.5 or below can I just copy emu's and other homebrew to the memory stick and run them straight away, and likewise if I use the tutorial and downgrade to 1.5, or is there anything else I need to run homebrew.  And my second question is regarding backups of PSP games, and it's really the same question, can you just load the files onto memory stick and run the games or do you need other hardware?

commandersafi

• Archived User
Psp Homebrew
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

All you need to do is get the psp to version 1.5 if its not there already, then update it to a custom firmware. At the custom firmware you can load homebrew and your backed up games from the memory stick

macd69

• Archived User
Psp Homebrew
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »

cheers, that is handy to know.