xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dark_alex Is Back As M33 Releasing A Hacked 3.71 Firmware!  (Read 189 times)

CyruzDraxs

• Archived User
Dark_alex Is Back As M33 Releasing A Hacked 3.71 Firmware!
« on: September 23, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »

3.71 M33 by M33=Dark_AleX

Changes in 3.71 M33:

- Now uses 3.71
    - VSH Menu is not longer launched using HOME key, but using SELECT now. This is to not interfere with the XMB function of home, which is now more useful in this firmware.
    - Psp Slim: umdcache was allocating memory even when homebrew was launched, wasting memory that homebrew programs may want to use. Now umdcache module is stopped before it can allocate any memory, only in the case homebrew is launched.

Also, memory is unprotected for user memory usage by M33 core (only when homebrew is launched).
    Developer, for a sample of how to use the extra memory, see the extra ram sample of the M33 sdk.

- Both version boot now from 3.XX ipl, and are independent of 1.50.

The main installer will not install 1.50 kernel anymore.
    A 1.50 kernel addon for 3.71 M33 that will install inside 3.71 M33 will be released in a
    few days (for fat only)

Note: due to some changes in kernel nids by Sony, you can expect a lot of kernel plugins not working anymore.
    Programmers: refer to the sdk readme for details.

************************************************** MOD EDIT
cool that you want to share new info from the scene, but don't link to sites that contain this type of copyrighted stuff here

This post has been edited by chorizo1: Sep 26 2007, 11:42 PM

mysticrider92

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

Wait, did they skip a 3.6* update? Man, I stop going to PSU for a few weeks, and they come out with this. Crazy...

Now, can we use 3.40 OE themes on it?

This post has been edited by mysticrider92: Sep 26 2007, 09:43 PM

CyruzDraxs

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

My post got caught by a mod. o.O

As far as I know there isn't any copyrighted code in the M33 releases, it merges official releases that came straight from Sony. That page I linked to linked directly to Sony's firmware update page and had a download for a simple file merging EBOOT. Am I wrong?

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »

I think I'll maybe wait a while before upgrading to this. I've read a load of people posting about how the 3.71 FW has bricked their original fat PSP. I'd really like the new listen to mp3s and view photos at the same time feature though  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .
QUOTE(mysticrider92 @ Sep 26 2007, 09:42 PM) *

Now, can we use 3.40 OE themes on it?
Probably, I've been using 3.40 themes for every custom firmware so far (currently 3.52 M33-4) and never had a problem. Although I read somewhere you should avoid using the XMB themes setting if you have a fat PSP.