xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp Help  (Read 215 times)

Supplicium

• Archived User
Psp Help
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »

I have not really used my PSP since the release, I have not kept up with the whole hacking scene for PSP cause I have been to busy with other systems but now I am interested. It seems like all the sites Ive found for PSP hacking have been put together by 14 yr olds and all the information in all over the place.

I unfortunately have been updating the Sony firmware. So from what I understand I need to "downgrade" to a firmware (not sure which one), where do I go from there?

All I want is to play all music and emus.

1) What is the highest firmware I downgrade to:

2) After the downgrade what do I do from there.

manxbox44

• Archived User
Psp Help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

what firmware is your psp on?

Supplicium

• Archived User

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Psp Help
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »

I think your only option at the moment is to use the Pandora's Battery method to downgrade your fw to an exploitable one (i.e. 1.5). The problem with that is you will need access to an already modded PSP in order to create a Pandora's Battery. As far as I know there is sadly no other option currently available to downgrade from 3.71.

You want to aim to downgrade to 1.5 and then you can upgrade to any custom fw. I recommend 3.52 M33-4 as the best most stable custom fw  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  (I'd avoid 3.72 M33 for now if you have a fat psp). Just google some of the key words in this post if you need more info.

I know what you mean about the psp homebrew scene. Compared to the xbox homebrew/hacking scene its horrible. Like you say its mostly 14 year old kids trash talking in the forums and any information/tuts are scattered all over the net. There are a couple of really good sites around so just keep looking. I'd link you to a couple of my favourites but many have links to copyrighted material which is against the rules here.

This post has been edited by sabbath_dude: Oct 3 2007, 11:14 PM