xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Devhook Problem Weird  (Read 193 times)

kingtks

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

here is my problem.. i have 5 psp games i purchased for psp.

i ripped them and placed them on my magic gate 4GB memory stick. they have all succesfully worked. but i have come to find out if i place more then 3 isos on my memory card at once the first three will work just fine but any iso's i place on my memory card after that will not work. all that happens is when i launch devhook it freezes. i have attempted this on different psp i tried the origonal Devhook reinstalled. i tried formating starting over. done tons of scenerios. my only guess is the memory card just gets corrupted after it gets so full. another thing i noticed when i try to delete the corrupted isos from my memory stick the memory sticks free space doens't free up . and the iso i delete will pop back up only with the size of 0KB. any ideas? is it a bad memory card or is this problem common. can i just do 3 isos at at time?  does this happen to anyone else?

atomiX

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

If it does get corrupted, you can always try out this tool.

kingtks

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

all i get when i opne the file is the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)

atomiX

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

You might need to install the .NET framework (1.1 or 2.0) to make it work. I'm not entirely sure.

kingtks

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »

ok i placed 7 iso's on my psp leaving a remaining 114mb on my 4gb stick and the first 5 worked but then the last two were corrupt.  so i ran the program and it deletted the corrupted iso's.  but when i went to add more iso's i coudlnt' there was still only 114mb of space left over on my memory card.  meaning i am required to format in order to add different iso's which is a huge inconvenience to me.  so whats going on?  is it my software or is it the hardware.  do i get a new memory card or will it do the same thing?

kingtks

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

i used the unflasher program formated restored defaults.  installed a fresh copy of devhook .46 from ultimate installer.  loaded enough ISO's to fill the memory card.  once 2.2GB had been filled any ISO past that point was corrupt.  so i'm presuming that means the last 1.8GB of my memory stick is broke.  does that sound possible?

Dee$

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

I have heard that some of the 4GB memory stick on the markets are fakes (in the sense that they may say they are 4GB but actually have less memory). If you bought yours off ebay or for less than $200 chances are its not an official one. You can check by reading this:

http://forums.vr-zon...ead.php?t=59400

Hope it helps.

kingtks

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

thanks for your help i did buy it on ebay.  190012348282 is the auction number if you want to look at the picture.  and i paid 123 for it shipped so i'll presume i need to buy a new one.  the seller isn't responding either so i presume thats it.

Dee$

• Archived User
Devhook Problem Weird
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 10:22:00 PM »

kingtks,

From what I saw on the site, it looks like you might have gotten a fake (I dont trust people who make their feedback private ). At least you can put 5 games on it and still play them. I just got a PSP so i'm currently looking to get some more memory which is when i ran into all this information. Known retailers might be the best bet for realiability, that way even if they might have gotten fakes as well you can always get your money back. I think the more people get the word out the less the impact of fakes will be (even if its very small).

Happy hunting.  biggrin.gif