xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp Help  (Read 106 times)

theraven871

• Archived User
Psp Help
« on: June 03, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

I just purchased a PSP and got Firmware 2.0.   I'm looking to get some emulators working on it today, I understand this requires the use of an "eLoader".    Does anyone have a link to a tutorial or some information to help get me started?

Thanks in advance!

I also see there is a downgrader to flash my firmware to version 1.5.   Would this be more optimal to get emulators running?

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Psp Help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(theraven871 @ Jun 3 2006, 12:37 PM) *
Does anyone have a link to a tutorial or some information to help get me started?
The easiest way to install the latest EBOOT loader would be to run this automated installer. If you are careful about running EXEs, though, you can also install the EBOOT loader manually by downloading this archive.

QUOTE(theraven871 @ Jun 3 2006, 12:37 PM) *
I also see there is a downgrader to flash my firmware to version 1.5.   Would this be more optimal to get emulators running?
Emulators usually do not perform better on 1.5 firmware than on others, but there are some applications that require 1.5 firmware to run, namely ones that need to access the PSP's hardware (like the universal remote programs).

If you want to freely be able to use most, or all, PSP homebrew, downgrade your PSP to 1.5 firmware. However, if you want to be able to play recent games and still be able to use a good portion of applications, update your firmware and use an EBOOT loader.

Currently, no homebrew can be run on firmware 2.7 and later, so upgrade with caution. Also, if you upgrade your PSP's firmware to 2.01 through 2.6, you would then need 'Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories' to load the EBOOT loader.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Psp Help
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

eh... you can basically run almost every 2.0 game on 1.5 firmware, with few exceptions.... 1.5 is where its at.

also, dont forget to mention, once you upgrade past 2.00, you cant downgrade.

you cannot play psp ISO's from a memory stick on 2.00 or higher.

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Jun 4 2006, 12:57 AM

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Psp Help
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »

I knew I was forgetting some key points.

Thanks for bringing those up!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)