xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible V2.0 Hack (iso's Loading, Etc.)  (Read 90 times)

pegasys

• Archived User
Possible V2.0 Hack (iso's Loading, Etc.)
« on: December 29, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

I found on another forum some information about a possible Firmware V. 2.00 hack.  Here is the link, see what you guys think, http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about16090.html .

RaceHack

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

I read somewhere that some one was able to load emulators on the 2.00 but not ISO's, games, ect.

i just bought mine 2 days ago so im just reading around.

pegasys

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

It turns out that it cannot of yet load ISO's (GTA), the hack was only developed yesterday, and while the origional coder (Gameshark at psp-hacks.com), couldn't get ISO's to load it is a start that will hopefully lead to another hack that will allow us to get loaders to run in Kernel mode (allowing for the booting of iso's.

netdevil69

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

Its basicly a custom (hacked) firmware, a sort of mix between 1.5 and 2.5, it can be launched with the MHP Firmware launcher.

Currently it has the Homebrew functions of 1.5 and the media abilitys of 2.5 (codecs).
The developer (gameshark) is looking to add UDM 2.0+ loading support in the next release. (its still a long way off)

No doubt its a step forward, bt im still keeping my eye on what can come from the work of Edison Carter and his GTA:LS Cheat device.