xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Out Of Curiosity  (Read 113 times)

kronick

• Archived User
Out Of Curiosity
« on: December 16, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »

hi all ive been in the psp scene for a little now and i havn't seen or heard of any 2.0 iso loader now i dont condone the use of d/ling games as much as anybody but i was just wondering if anyone has heard or even rumors of one cuz i hate carrying around my games definitly prefer my 2gb mem card plus it keeps my games in mint condition my gta is a little shabby from being used so much and i like to have backups of my stuff for any reason, so i dont no give me feedback if any or delete this thread if an iso 2.0 loader talk is not allowed thanks guys

This post has been edited by kronick: Dec 17 2005, 02:45 AM

netdevil69

• Archived User
Out Of Curiosity
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »

There is no ISO loader that will work on 2.0, becuase the ISO loader needs "kernel mode" to work, so far we can't access kernel mode on 2.0 becuase the security is too tight.
We can load somethings on 2.0 using the eboot loader, but seeing as how the eboot loader can't work in kernel mode (it can only work in "user mode") we can't get it to load an ISO loader.

And for the reason GTA won't work on 1.5, and why we can't emulate 2.0 on 1.5, read my replies here:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=456164

kronick

• Archived User
Out Of Curiosity
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

i see well that makes sense but what about the new gta exploit made hello world didnt they say that it runs in kernal mode now i realize that its a brand new hack and will take time to develope but you think someone will create a loader for that??

netdevil69

• Archived User
Out Of Curiosity
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

I belive it is working in kernel mode, but so far i dont think that we yet have the ability to send sys-calls to the kernel. I'm sure with time someone will workout how to boot the eboot loader in kernel mode. The thing is that to boot the eboot loader, you'd need GTA and you'd have to boot the game each time you wanted to load anything else.

Who knows, someone might be able to work something out soon enough, just keep yourself updated.

kronick

• Archived User
Out Of Curiosity
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

well im stickin with 1.5/2.0 till i hear more thanks though for the info

This post has been edited by kronick: Dec 18 2005, 12:19 AM

netdevil69

• Archived User
Out Of Curiosity
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »