xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 40gb Laptop Hdd To Psp?  (Read 71 times)

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
40gb Laptop Hdd To Psp?
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »

i have a spare 40gb laptop drive I'd like to connect to my friend's psp.

Now I'm not super familiar with the psp, I know the one my friend has is firmware 1.00

I understand that an external storage device cannot be connected through the psp's USB port, but only through the memory stick duo slot.

So, has anybody successfully made an adapter to connect a 2.5 inch hdd as a memory stick? (I understand that a second battery is probably necessary since the HDD requires 5v, or must be connected to the charge adapter)

Spectrobozo

• Archived User
40gb Laptop Hdd To Psp?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

the maximum memory stick size suported by psp is 4gb... so i think this is impossible...

Arjun

• Archived User
40gb Laptop Hdd To Psp?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

Even if it gets partitioned?

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
40gb Laptop Hdd To Psp?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

Well i can deal with that later Im more interested in overcoming the hardware challenges right now, specifically in interfacting between parallel ATA and memory stick DUO.

I've seen many duo to USB adapters (card readers), but i need the opposite, a USB to duo, which would then plug into an iDE to usb adapter used in external hard drives and stuff. (I'm assuming those card readers don't work the opposite way)

Also powering the hard drive is an issue since it needs 5v and the psp battery is only 3.6v, but that's the easy part.

gerbil

• Archived User
40gb Laptop Hdd To Psp?
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

i'm curious on the results MAX ..

what's the current situation on this ..
Thanks...