xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp Mc ?  (Read 85 times)

craigyk

• Archived User
Psp Mc ?
« on: October 20, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »

Hi all
I've been searching around for a few days now over the net looking for any information on what the PSP can and can't do. I haven't got one yet but I'm thinking of buying one in the next few months, mainly for watching videos when stuck in traffic / bored at work etc.

BUT......

What I would really love to see is a XBMC version for the PSP.
Now, after what I hae been reading, the processor is only 333mhz in this baby and it may not be capable of processing divx / xvid movies / tv episodes which basically what I would love for it to do.

ATM, I have a linux server with all my TV Episodes / movies and watch them on my TV via XBMC. Does any one know if the possiblity of a PSP Media center is likely? Any developers out there must be working on this kind of hack but I have yet to find any information.

Is this just a pipe dream, or will we see a "mini" XBMC for the PSP???  :blink:

Craig

blagmaster

• Archived User
Psp Mc ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

I thought you can watch divx coded movies on the psp :(

craigyk

• Archived User
Psp Mc ?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 03:42:00 AM »

not entirely sure.
I haven't got one yet....

WeSiDe

• Archived User
Psp Mc ?
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »

u have to use a program like psp video 9 to convert yer divx and xvid shiz to a format psp can read.  nero record has been known to work as well.  i am speaking as a user of 1.5 firmware.  im not sure about newer firmwares.  if this doesnt help let me know and i will be more clear.

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

turtleghandi

• Archived User
Psp Mc ?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »

The 2.0 firmware is supposed to have a fix for when the video will occasionaly get out of line with the sound.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
Psp Mc ?
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

As far as I can tell, File Assistant ++ is the closest thing to XBMC that there is for the PSP.  It's a sweet program, but it can't compare with the true XBMC.  

Chokemaniac.net has a Project Mayhem 3 skin for the PSP that is neat.  It looks like XBMC at least ...

This post has been edited by ClintiePoo: Nov 27 2005, 10:25 PM