xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: When Will The Uk Get More Psp's In Stock?  (Read 145 times)

Whyamiy

• Archived User
When Will The Uk Get More Psp's In Stock?
« on: September 15, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »

Hi, I went to game today to order a psp fully expecting them to tell me I would be waiting a long time, but instead they said they were getting more in-stock on the 17th September?! :D

well I paid them a £20 deposit to reserve one thinking I was geting a good deal until I talked to my mates just now. One of them told me that they ordered one last wednesday and they would'nt be getting theres till November?!  :huh:

I was just wondering wether anyone knew anything about when we will actually be seeing them back in the UK. Have I been lied to, or my mate, or both of us?

I reserved it with Midnight Club 3, I was going to get Mercury but they had ran out of stock.

Also will I get a v1.5 or will I get a v2.0?

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »

You should get the 1.5 model which comes with a UMD demo disk with 2.0.  If you look around most of the high st stores I'm sure you will be able to pick one up.  I got mine from Toys r us in Bham and luckly for me it was the last one they had in stock. (10/9)

CEX Bham are selling psp's but you will folk out around £250.  They give you £75 worth of vouchers to spend on games.  So you get the psp for £175, 2 games and  £5 change.

http://www1.cex.co.uk/closed.asp

The site is down ATM but it should be back up later tonight.

;)

This post has been edited by Arvarden: Sep 15 2005, 06:50 PM

moisty_

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 06:50:00 AM »

If you can find one still in a shop, it will be a v1.52 (no homebrew or backups on that), but rumour has it that the next batch will come pre loaded with v2.0 firmware!  :(

This post has been edited by moisty_: Sep 16 2005, 01:51 PM

Whyamiy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 04:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(moisty_ @ Sep 16 2005, 01:25 PM)
If you can find one still in a shop, it will be a v1.52 (no homebrew or backups on that), but rumour has it that the next batch will come pre loaded with v2.0 firmware!  :(

Doh! I rang game up this morning asking wether there would be any deliveries today and they said "unfortunatly they are having trouble with their deliveries"..how many times have I heard that before  :rolleyes:

And so this means that of course they will be getting another delivery... in a week or two...maybee three :blink:

I feel like I am going to be waiting for ever, Does anyone know if you can just get your deposit back, if this goes on for more than 2 weeks I am going to either buy one of ebay (then I know I will be getting a v1.5) or ask around the other shops to see when they will be getting them back in, currently game, gamestation, comet and curries, and blockbusters are all out os stock, even ASDA is out of stock. :o

Dagoth

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 02:27:00 AM »

I managed to pick one up from CEX in tottenham Court Road (London). they had 5 in stock @£199 including 5 money off voucher. This works out at the same price as buying from ebay after postage & I didn't fancy the wait + I could check the machine in the shop for dead pixels  :)

Tried most of the other West End shops and they were quoting a 2-4 week wait if you pre-order now.

I guess it's just a case of looking around until you find one.

Whyamiy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 05:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dagoth @ Sep 23 2005, 09:02 AM)
I guess it's just a case of looking around until you find one.

Yeah, I suppose.

One of my mates got a phone call yesterday saying that his psp was ready for him to go get it, so I went in today but they said that they only got 10 in stock, and because there are lots of people that pre-ordered before me, they got priority, so in other words i'm in a long queue, Gamestation told me they were expecting some later in the week but I would be lucky to get one cos they have a huge pre-order queue to...

I'll have to wait and see if I get one out of the next batch (arriving sometime next week) but the person from game that told me, said that yesterdays delivery was totally out of the blue, so they could be getting them in anytime.

netdevil69

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 05:24:00 AM »

tongue.gif

I shouldn't have beening getting mine till next week, but someone didnt have the money to pay for theres, and i was next in line.

They ship on firmware version 1.52, but dont use the demo disc, because it contains the silent version 2.0 firmware update, and theres more chance on homebrew on 1.52 then 2.0.

happy gaming all.

beerchug.gif

netdevil69

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

I realy im not sure if i should upgrade to firmware 2.0, because it looks like all the scene effort is going into cracking that and not 1.52, what am i better off doing at the moment, to upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question.............

and btw, if your in the UK and you are picking up a pre-order from GAME, they have most launch titles in stock (my local did anyway) and a deal on with 15 of them where you can but them for £25 each insted of 35-40 each.

beerchug.gif

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

"Andy Fung, the developer of DJSP/PSPAdvance, has emailed us his creation inspired by the original 2.0 exploit by Toc2rta, a scrolling starfield demo. Here is what he said in the readme:

Based on the original 2.0 exploit code. I just love star fields. I blame it on the old qbasic days.

Written by me: Lok Tai (Andy) Fung da DJSP/PSPAdvance guy. Email: Cooleyandy[at]hotmail[dot]com

source is included for all you dev folks. I did this for fun. Absolutely no use whatsoever.

It was interesting writing this program when I don't even have a 2.0 yet. I had to scour the irc channels
for someone to help. Thanks FlongP.

Shameless plug: PSPAdvance Coming soon.

And thanks again to Toc2rta for the exploit code.

You can get it from our PSP Download section [here].

Notice:
Also, Andy wants to encourage every dev to start writing code for 2.0. It is very easy, took him only 10 mins to write this demo. Maybe the future is just around the corner now.

Thanks to Andy Fung for the email and the cool demo. :)"

http://pspupdates.qj.net

Dagoth

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 02:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(netdevil69 @ Sep 25 2005, 03:18 PM)
I realy im not sure if i should upgrade to firmware 2.0, because it looks like all the scene effort is going into cracking that and not 1.52, what am i better off doing at the moment, to upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question.............

I think they are more likely to crack 2.0 than 1.52, plus it has loads of good features... (wireless internet browser, AVC video support, wallpaper support etc..)