xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hoping It Wouldn't Come To This  (Read 200 times)

leijae

• Archived User
Hoping It Wouldn't Come To This
« on: September 12, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this... projected in early July, i thought i'd have enough money to buy a 360 w/o having to sell my psp... unfortunately, gas prices, hurricanes, wars, and job loss/gain/loss again, have affected my budget.... proving thus: Life does, in fact, throw curve balls.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »

become a man whore.

i don you the name of the sexual dynamo, jobless hurricane texan!!

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »

I voted yes, because I sold a PSP to fund my 360 preorder.  But it was my second PSP, the one I won from McDonalds.  I'm still stoked about it.

leijae

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 03:29:00 AM »

....ya bastard

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

Well since there will be a bit of time before there is a full library if titles for the 360, why not just wait till you can afford it normaly?
Ok, look at it this way. You got your $150 psp, end up reselling it for less than 1/2 that to a EB type place or a bit less than $150 to another person, there is a loss there. Then if you bought games, there will be a loss there.
Then you buy the 360, but if you can barely afford the system what are you going to do for games? Thats more cash you would need.
Then later you might want the PSP. You then need to fork over the orginal ammount you paid, again.

If you wait, then you can build up cash for the 360 while the XBox 360 builds up thier game library.

muggs1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

Nope. As a matter of fact as luck would have it I just went full time at my job, doubling my hours. So I will have more than enough to pay for my 2 preorders.

muggs

styxx_78

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 07:14:00 AM »

I am going to hold out on buying a 360. The initial prices are insane (its a given that when i do buy one it will have a HDD in it). I made the mistake of buying my Xbox too early and now it is 1/3 the price it was when i bought it.
I don't regret it because the xbox scene is awesome but I just shelled out a lot on my PSP. That should keep me busy for a while.

leijae

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »

XeroKitsune: what you say makes sense, but that would be your situation. my b-day is december 7th, and my gf already said that if i get a 360 she'll get me a game for an early gift. besides that right after my b-day is christmas. i'll be getting the premium package, so it's backward comaptible. i'll play the new elder scrolls, whatever game i decide for christmas, and time inbetween, i'll be playing halo 2.

Himura

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »

Yeah, I have the same feeling. Im not sure if I want to sell my PSP or not, but I barely even use it, and the only other game I'm waiting for atm is MGA2.

I've also been contemplating on selling my Halo LE to fund an X360.

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »

It's not my situation, I'm just talking from what I saw people do while I was working in a  game store(ages ago). I would see people lose 50 to 100 dollars each time as they swaped from console and back or to another console. Normaly saying while they were doing it that it was hard to give up the (fill in the blank) system.

If you still play it or plan of playing it later when (fill in the blank) game comes out, trading it in may lead to regrets.
If you done with it and never plan to play it again then trade/sell it in like a empty cola can for the deposit.

All I'm saying is if you feel bad for getting rid of it, then you may want to look into other ways to retreve your XBox 360.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 06:29:00 AM »

I use my PSP all the time for all sorts of stuff.  I read comics and the bible, play emulated games, listen to music (in my car as well), and play a lot of lumines.  I think it's definitely worth holding on to.  It's a very dynamic little toy and starting with Burnout Legends that just came out I think the games will get better.

pSyCo

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »

I would not sell my psp for the 360 ... but it depends on how much you use it .. it is a portable.

I use mine at work a lot (yeah ..), and elsewhere ... i have a 1.5, so i have a ton of emulators on there too

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(ClintiePoo @ Sep 17 2005, 02:04 PM)
I use my PSP all the time for all sorts of stuff.  I read comics and the bible, play emulated games, listen to music (in my car as well), and play a lot of lumines.  I think it's definitely worth holding on to.  It's a very dynamic little toy and starting with Burnout Legends that just came out I think the games will get better.

They have a bible for the psp? If I would have known that ahead of time I would not have sold mine :(

I sold mine and lost about 300 dollars (bought the psp the very first day it came out, I was first in line :)) and got all of the launch titles, most of them for free. But how I got the psp was a big loss too. I traded 2 non modded xbox's, A ps2, 4 ps2 games that were brand new about a week old (San andrea's GT4 and I cant remember the other two but one of them I never even opened) lots of older games. Multiple accessories. And cash on top of that just to get my psp, then I sold a psp, all the games I had which were like 7 or 8, a 256 meg mem card, logitec protective case.

Just dont sell the psp, I got totally ripped off and regreted it when I was handed the money :(

leijae

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 03:10:00 AM »

well, i only used mine to play midnight club, coded arms, zelda: a link to the past, front mission, and chrono trigger. after i'd beaten them all, numerous times, i kinda got bored with it. i guess i could have modded it to turn into a robot that destroys mankind...

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 07:00:00 AM »

Does it count that I'm not getting an Xbox 360? I'll never sell my PSP. I love it.
Pages: [1] 2