xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hombrew For Psp Firmware 2.0  (Read 80 times)

midiemulation

• Archived User
Hombrew For Psp Firmware 2.0
« on: August 05, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »

There looks to be some minimal progress on loading games for version 2.0 PSP firmware. Might be interesting to some here.....

realritzcracker from our forums has emailed us an eboot that gets past the corrupt data prompt.  The eboot will not load, but this is a step in the right direction.  Pikoro at psphacks.net has confirmed that this will not damage your PSP.  Here is the email he sent:

As you know homebrews do not work on 2.00 or 1.51 or 1.52. If you place a homebrew on a 2.00 PSP it wont run says corrupt data. I have made a homebrew that will go past that. it will actually stat loading up. Just with the PSP screen coming up and the music playing. The game is PSP tic tac toe. I want my named mentioned as I am register with you guys, My name is realritzcracker, ritzcracker, canesfan08. You are the first with this breaking news. so i would appreciate you to list my name by the download like with all your other members. This 2.00 homebrew was made by realritzcracker ritzcracker and canesfan08. This program is only for 2.00 owners. This homebrew will read as a update to 2.10. which is not real and the foler is named update cause UPDATE is the only folder the 2.00 psp will read as not corrupt and it has to be named as This homebrew was made by realritzcracker aka dico aka  canesfan08 aka ritzcracker aka crisco this will not update you psp this is for 2.00 version psp only. The 2.00 psp will only read the file UPDATE as not corrupt any other file name in the game folder will read as corrupt. That is why the folder is named UPDATE and the security of the 2.00 psp will only read updates. and the updates have to be higher then 2.00 so that  is why it reads as psp version update 2.10 which is fake. This will not update your psp. This is only for 2.00 psp.

I'm not responsible for your psp breaking. this is not a update and is only for 2.00 pspa update to not be corrupt. I also have a video of this working in the video you can see me filming with my bad digital camera showing you the version 2.00 the wallpaper function and the web browser the me going to the game file and running the homebrew

Here is the readme:

This homebrew was made by realritzcracker aka dico aka  canesfan08 aka ritzcracker aka crisco this will not update you psp this is for 2.00 version psp only. The 2.00 psp will only read the file UPDATE as not corrupt any other file name in the game folder wil read as corrupt. That is why the folder is named UPDATE and the security of the 2.00 psp will only read updates. and the updates have to be higher then 2.00 so that  is why it reads as psp version update 2.10 which is fake. This will not update your psp. This is only for 2.00 psp. Im not responsible for your psp breaking. this is not a update and is only for 2.00 psp.

Download - here
Source - here

This post has been edited by midiemulation: Aug 5 2005, 08:37 PM

monkeyflungpoo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

not really homebrew just a way to display and kinda run it

midiemulation

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(monkeyflungpoo @ Aug 5 2005, 11:38 PM)
not really homebrew just a way to display and kinda run it

.... definately reguarding homebrew and the loading of homebrew games

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

buttface96

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »

that guy is a *****, this isnt erven a step closer, not even an inch. All he did was edit the PARAM.SFO to think that the original JAP2.00 upgrade was like 2.10, and i think he edited the icon. This guy also used a bunch of peoples hard developed work, and as you saw in the quote above, he gave himself all the credit. Sorry to dissapoint us fellow 2.0'ers looking for a homebrew solution, this is just crap.

MOD EDIT: Watch your language.

This post has been edited by atomiX: Aug 6 2005, 06:42 PM

br0w

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

well, i dont see a param.sfo file in the update, so i dont see how this could come into play.

by all means, its not homebrew, but its a start. the fact that it actually boots past he corrupt error message is a start. no one is claiming this to be a solution, but its a start.

midiemulation

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(buttface96 @ Aug 6 2005, 05:05 AM)
that guy is a *****, this isnt erven a step closer, not even an inch. All he did was edit the PARAM.SFO to think that the original JAP2.00 upgrade was like 2.10, and i think he edited the icon. This guy also used a bunch of peoples hard developed work, and as you saw in the quote above, he gave himself all the credit. Sorry to dissapoint us fellow 2.0'ers looking for a homebrew solution, this is just crap.

i agree that this isn't much progress in itself - hopefully they do get some homebrew at some time, i have no doubt they will

This post has been edited by atomiX: Aug 6 2005, 06:43 PM

buttface96

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(br0w @ Aug 5 2005, 10:44 PM)
well, i dont see a param.sfo file in the update, so i dont see how this could come into play.
by all means, its not homebrew, but its a start. the fact that it actually boots past he corrupt error message is a start. no one is claiming this to be a solution, but its a start.

the .SFO file along w/ all the other files are writen into the actual EBOOT.PBP . All this guy did was unpack the JAP2.0 eboot edit the .sfo file

buttface96

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »

to say it is like 2.10, and then repack it back 2 an EBOOT.pbp. this isnt a step to a solution, it is mereley a side road leading us to nowhere.