xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Memory Stick Umd Loader Released For Lumines  (Read 99 times)

atomiX

• Archived User
Memory Stick Umd Loader Released For Lumines
« on: June 30, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

Quote from PSPupdates.com (PSPhacker.com)
Well, we all knew this day would come. An ISO loader for Lumines has been released by some anonymous group. It requires a UMD (any UMD) to be in the slot, but it does boot up the Lumines ISO from the Memory Stick. People are reporting that it loads the game faster but with no sound.

BTW, i've tested this for myself and DOES work

UPDATE (July 1st - Happy Canada Day! :jester:)

Quote from PSPupdates.com (PSPhacker.com)
Team Xecuter has released a newer version of the ISO launcher for Lumines. This version does not require a UMD to be in the drive when loading the Lumines ISO from the Memory Stick. Lumines so far is the only game ISO that is able to be booted, simply because of a lack of UMD checks as the game runs. Xecuter notes that this is not a “hack”, it’s just a fluke with certain UMD checks. They also add that the audio will be fixed in their next release.

UPDATE (July 3rd)
There has been an update to the Lumines launcher to fix the sound issue. I've tried it for myself and does indeed work with full sound now. The filename is lumines-JAP-NO_UMD_FULLSOUND-asphalter

This post has been edited by atomiX: Jul 4 2005, 04:55 AM

Rivals

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

Getting Closer WOOT!!!

Zer04evr

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

i cn also say it works,

although it has no sound but hell its only a matter of time beofre we get em all goin ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

What still amazes me is the amount of progress being done on the PSP in the short amount of time.  :beer:

What still interests me more than UMD loaders is giving the PSP USB hosting capabilities to read thumb drives and external USB HDDs. :D I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to see advancements in this front in the next few months. :D

shank69xo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »

This is awesome. The time only gets closer with every new release.
Lumines runs great. I can live without sound.

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

the sound issue is reportedly caused by the type of memory stick used. it's said that PRO DUO sticks will have the sound issue while regular DUO sticks won't have the problem. the game is hardly even worth to be played without sound anyway since it's an integral part of its function.

the issue of piracy is being debated with a passion on this subject. personally, i'm scared that this might lead to bad things (ala the dreamcast) since it's still quite early in the PSP's lifespan. only time will tell.

jamie123

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »

well ihave to questoins abou thtat, what do you mean like the dreamcast?

and second, is that sound problem a fixable problem, or is it not able to be fixed at all?

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(jamie123 @ Jul 1 2005, 12:07 AM)
well ihave to questoins abou thtat, what do you mean like the dreamcast?

and second, is that sound problem a fixable problem, or is it not able to be fixed at all?

a huge part of the Dreamcast's downfall was due to the fact that it was easy to burn games for it without the need to mod it. a simple boot disc was required and you could boot CD-R backups with any retail console. some games had to have data (movies, music) ripped (or resampled) from them since the dreamcast use GD-R disks (contain about 1GB). don't get e wrong, it wasn't the only cause since competition with the PS2 was a big part of the downfall as well.

as for the sound prob, i haven't heard solutions to it yet. loading times are much faster but i prefer to play my UMD since sound is a big part of Lumines.

rony2211

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 04:40:00 AM »

for those who want to tryit on smaller mem sticks here is how
How to make Lumines Run Off 32MB Duo

In the PSP_GAME\USRDIR\sound folder delete ALL FILES BUT (music_menu.dat , music_skinsel.dat, music_skintitle.dat, music_skintitle.dat)

In PSP_GAME\USRDIR\lang delete JAP folder
 beerchug.gif

Be_Vigilant

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 05:22:00 AM »

I had the idea of ripping out the sound files for use on a 32 mb card.

I deleted all the sound files and tried to copy just the menu items across but I ran out of space sad.gif so I tried creating dummy files for them still no good.

Now I know I can get rid of the jap language ! I should have thought of that lol

jamie123

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 10:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(atomiX @ Jul 1 2005, 05:38 AM)
a huge part of the Dreamcast's downfall was due to the fact that it was easy to burn games for it without the need to mod it. a simple boot disc was required and you could boot CD-R backups with any retail console. some games had to have data (movies, music) ripped (or resampled) from them since the dreamcast use GD-R disks (contain about 1GB). don't get e wrong, it wasn't the only cause since competition with the PS2 was a big part of the downfall as well.

as for the sound prob, i haven't heard solutions to it yet. loading times are much faster but i prefer to play my UMD since sound is a big part of Lumines.

yeah i do remember that, but i thought dreamcast was doomed because it was released way too early and had tons of bugs?

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »

1st post updated with new info

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

nice, some updates from teamx, new boot bin works great, just need that sound now

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »

TeamX build worked on my 1.5.  This is a huge step for modding, definitely.  Way to go guys!

xxwillisxx

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »

Quote from psp updates

Developers (not sure who made this at the moment) are at it again tonight and have released a new UMD launcher for the PSP. This new launcher allows a user to play Puzzle Bobble on your PSP. By having Untold Legends, Twisted Metal, Tiger Woods, Gretzky Hockey or Wipeout Pure (with the correct .ppf patch file) UMD in the drive. All in all this is the same as the Lumines Launcher but for a different game.

Like the Lumines Launcher, any links or hints to get this file will result in a ban as we do NOT promote piracy. Also please do not ask us where to get this file because there won’t be an answer.

Think of it this way, the more of these programs that come out means that Sony has to crack the whip harder to produce more firmware updates in order to prevent this from happening.

Thanks to re4p3r and the Team Xecuter users on #pspx EFnet for this info.
Pages: [1] 2