xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This Mod Possable? Usb Pen Drive!  (Read 41 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Is This Mod Possable? Usb Pen Drive!
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »

XBOXCUSTOMS69

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »

No, the psp's usb port will not function as a host.

XBOXCUSTOMS69

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »

Again the psp's usb port will not function as a host, you will not be able to directly plug ANY usb mass storage device into the usb port and have it work unless it can function in host mode. They used some kind of intermediate board to bridge 2 slave devices together then used IRshell and the USBhost function. As stated in the article...
"The internal USB mass storage mod packs a flash drive inside the PSP, and includes a PCB board that allows the drive to act as the USB host, since the PSP only works in USB slave mode"

If you could build a board or find a schematic for one, you could possibly do it. It sounds like a lot more work than its worth, but i think the hardest part would likely be the firmware to drive such board.

I have seen a couple other options, but both use the memory card slot. Both decent devices in my opinion. You could get one of these and max out the abilities of the fat32 file system.IPB Image

Or i also saw this, which is an intriguing device that used to be offered by Lik-Sang.
IPB Image

I dont have a clue where you could find the Lik-Sang device, but the other is offered on ebay and you can have up to 32gb of storage if im not mistaken.

XBOXCUSTOMS69

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(applemonkey @ Feb 18 2009, 01:51 PM) View Post

AND...if i have a pandora + magic mem stick.
if i brick my psp or anything when modding it it will allow me to fix it no prob?

I also forgot to address this question. If you have a psp-1000, or the original one, you should be able to fully unbrick it with a pandora battery. I just recently traded my psp-1000 off for a psp-2000 therefore i dont know very much about them. The last thing i recall reading about the slims is that the best you can recover with a pandora battery is just a partial bricking. I could be very wrong though and i need more info myself. Just make sure you get all your files from a trusted source and read the directions COMPLETELY 2-3 times before even CONSIDERING touching the NAND flash. Aside from that, psp hacking is pretty easy. Stuff happens, but i would have to say its generally safe.