xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Am Relly New To The Psp.... Help....  (Read 39 times)

big jon

• Archived User
I Am Relly New To The Psp.... Help....
« on: October 25, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

Before we go any further I am a compete noobie to the PSP mod scene so please be patient...

I have read all about the downgrader software and what it does, but I keep seeing different things. I have a UK Stock 2.60 firmware (around a year old) with a Version of GTA Liberty City that list a 2.00 firmware upgrade as an option.

Would i be correct in thinking that using the dark alex downgrader for a 2.50 / 2.60 (Downgrader2.50-2.60ENFULL.exe) will work ok? Do I need anything else (1.5 Firmware for example) or will I be ok with just that for the downgrade?? I have read up on the devhook thingy and that seems straight forward to me.

Thanks in advance....

Jon

big jon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

Thanks Matey..... Just done it now, works like a dream....

If anyone else is wanting to do this just have a look for the file I mentioned in the post above, it works like a charm...

Thanks again....

Viva La Sam

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »

the file can be found on psp-hacks.com (sorry if linking is not allowed). also, i used an update to 2.71 to downgrade my 3rd and worked great. i am using DevHook to dualboot (well, its not an official dualboot but.... hard to explain). its allowing me to use a 1.50 PSP and boot 2.71 via homebrew. i can use internet and boot games requiring a 2.50+ firmware flash without actually flashing the chip.