xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp Or Ds-x?  (Read 80 times)

Arvarden

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds-x?
« on: October 17, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

If you are interested in homebrew and playing old clasics as well as listening to mp3's and watching movies I think you should give the gp2x a whirl.

It costs around £100, takes the dirt cheap SD cards and you can connect it to your TV.

http://www.gp2x.com

http://www.gp2x.de/c...s.cgi?0,0,0,0,3

throwingks

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds-x?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

The DS-X isn't being sold yet. Wait for it. A review was just put up today on gbatemp.net.

PSP is probably better for multimedia though. Although, Moonshell allegedly runs on the DS-X which is pretty good. DS-X plays mp3s natively, you only need Moonshell for movies and pictures.

I like NDS better for my needs. Nintendos games are the best.

throwingks

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds-x?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

^
If you already have the DS then get the DS-X. No need to spend all the extra money.

Which store has 1?

whiteboytroy

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds-x?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »

foundmy.com has the cheapest ive found and there getting there first stock in tomorrow.

Thorn14

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds-x?
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »

Depends, I have my psp with tons of homebrew on it, and is great for any emulation except you might have trouble with N64 emu and the gba. Gba emu is only trouble because of obtaining the illegal bios, and the n64 is compatible with anything. Otherwise it's nice, and I use the Snes emu mostly which has complete button remapping, autosave every x minutes, and a few other things. The only thing you should be worried about is anything BUT emulators. Also, read extensively on every amount of info you can get for the installation and stuff and comprehend it, it's easy, just takes a little investigation. That's only if you choose psp. (Which i had anyways)

BTW, the gp2x website isn't showing.