xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp Apps, What Ones Are Best?  (Read 60 times)

netdevil69

• Archived User
Psp Apps, What Ones Are Best?
« on: September 21, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

Dev Hook - Firmware emulator (lets you run version 2.0-2.71 firmware on your 1.5 PSP) Its also an ISO loader, and alows you to play UMD's that would require higher version firmwares.

IR Shell - A shell replacement app for the PSP, also acts as a remote for IR devices. Its an all round app, a bit like the unleashX dash on the xbox.

XFlash - Allows you to edit parts of the PSP that are based in the firmware, such as the boot up screen, sound effects and fonts.

PIMPStreamer - Two apps, you run the server on your PC and it converts you files in real time and serves them to the app running on your PSP over WIFI so you can watch all your movies from your PC on your PSP without a huge mem stick.

Custom Firmware POC - Its a custom firmware for the PSP that enables the PSP to boot up directly into devhook emulating 2.71. Theres a whole lot more to it too, theres lots of mods and plugins that you may find useful.

FileAssistant - The name says it all, allows you to manage your Mem Stick without the PC.

Downgraders - From MPH's first, to the recent Dark_Alex 2.71 downgrader, extreamly useful.

CSO-ISO-DAX Compressor - When loading your ISO's via devhook, it allows you to load them in CSO format, which is basicly just a compressed ISO image, this tool turns ISO > CSO.

PSP Set - Use it to Change your 1.5 wallpapers

PMP Mod - PMP is a video format (container)  used on the PSP, this app plays them, very well and full res. Theres also a AVC version.

Theres so many more woth looking into such as emulators, but the above is what i tend to use.

Hope it helps.

smile.gif

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

You can't say that you've fully experienced the PSP without trying out the emulators. SNESTYL and Nester are ones that come to mind but there's a wide variety available, even an N64 emulator (not quite full speed and no sound yet). Try out Mario 64 in Daedalus R8 and you'll see what I mean.

You can browse the app categories over on PSP Updates for all sorts of homebrew: http://dl.qj.net/PSP/catid/106

netdevil69

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:31:00 AM »

Couldn't agree more with you atomiX, i had to delete my emulators because the ROMs were taking up too much space sad.gif . But i've got a 4GB stick on order, so i'll by back to playing some clasics shortley. Gotta say, i tend to play alot of Sega Master System games on my PSP, and SMSPlus 1.2 does the job very well, also its worth looking into MMSPlus.

And all this without even mentioning all the great homebrew games and ports (Doom-PSP, PSP Millionaire, Beats of Rage)
The list goes on, the best advice is to just try everything, You'll soon learn which apps/games/tools are the best.

The PSP scene has been moving quiet fast over the past few months, its work trying to stay up to date with news pages and as many forums as you can keep up with.

smile.gif