xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp Ftpd V0.2 Released  (Read 62 times)

br0w

• Archived User
Psp Ftpd V0.2 Released
« on: July 09, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

PspKrazy has just released v0.2 of his PSP FTPD program.  PSP FTPD is a simple but working FTP server for the PSP. With it, you can send / retrieve files to your PSP without any cables, in Wireless (WIFI). It is based on psppet's networking example ported to PSPSDK.  Changes in V0.2 include the following:

* Home button now works. Verify you are not writing to MS before exiting!
    * handling of WIFI connection is now done by system callbacks. stable! (try to power off wifi)
    * multi threading. better compatibility with HTTP browsers. It is now possible to send files via internet explorer
    * complete rewrite for compiling under the new PSPSDK

Usage and things you should know:

Usage:

* Wireless network must be configured properly in PSP's OS. Infrastructure mode only.
    * IP adresses must be static. The first network on the list will be picked. Launch the
    * FTPD server like any other homebrew.
    * Wait till it says 'Connected'.
    * Launch any ftp client on your PC pointing to the address shown on the psp screen.
    * The user is: pspkrazy
    * The pass is: pspftp
    * You're done (see "What you should know").

What you should know

it has some bugs, security flaws and memory leak. not all the ftp grammar is implemented. For exemple, it's impossible to rename files at the moment.

cool app, i have it working. it would be great for people who dont have a cable. just go to a freinds, get it on, and no more cables.

(but it transfers UBER slow)

Snoopster J

• Archived User
Psp Ftpd V0.2 Released
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »

I tried flashfxp and fiddled with the settings on my psp but it won't work. I've looked everywhere for help but to no avail. I tried using the same settings as I do with my Xbox, but you seem to HAVE to have a DNS...bleh I hate networking so much...